17 | 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒

A/N: Thanks for 300 VOTES!! Love y'all :)

Sophia's POV

"I loved it! I'm definitely coming back soon, okay?" Liv laughed happily as we came out of her car on the sidewalk next to my house. When we were on the beach, we didn't actually go in the water, but we did have a nice, long walk through the sand. We left our shoes in the trunk of her car and went barefoot. 

There was a slight breeze yet everything was still peaceful and quiet, except for our loud laughter, of course. We went to get some fries and ended up sharing a family-sized pack. We made some hilarious and cute pictures with her camera, but we could never keep a straight face.

When we arrived back home, we were pretty much exhausted. Even the drive was super eventful; we shouted along the lyrics with the windows open and the wind blowing through our hair. We waved at every couple or elderly people we saw, most of them returned the gesture, although some just gave us weird looks. 

These times are the memories we are going to look back at when we're older. Make the best of it. 

I was tired from all the giggling fits we had, when she had left, I was going to jump in bed first thing, I thought. Which ended up being true. 

"Yeah...it really was amazing," I mumbled, sitting on the arm-rest of the couch. For a moment, we didn't say anything, just stared at each other and smiled lazily. But we both knew it was time for her to go. The fact that she was still here kept me happy - she was supposed to leave twenty minutes ago, but she didn't want to. And of course, neither did I. 

"I don't want you to drive in the dark," I murmured to her. She nodded her head nonchalantly but didn't move. Again, we just stared at each other, neither of us making a move to get her to leave. It was silent, until we both burst out, and I held my stomach. My muscles were too worn out to help. 

"Okay, okay..." she spoke out breathlessly. "I'll go if you want me to get out that desperately." I came closer to her and shoved her playfully, she rolled her eyes. I picked up her bag and opened the front door. 

"Do you have everything?" I asked her, looking around to see if I found something that belonged to her. 

"Yeah, wait here," she said and raced up the stairs to my bedroom. I wanted to give her one last little surprise for when she got home safely. I put a silver-coloured ring with a small name tag hanging from it, which read 'I had a wonderful time with you here. And I know, I know, you already miss me, but don't worry, I'm coming to you next time ;)' 
I bought us matching rings and added a Polaroid picture in there of the engravement in my ring.

I chuckled sadly when I put them in and closed the bag up again, yet I was eager for her to find it. I wanted to see her reaction when she read it, hoping it'd make her less dispirited. I'm sure she'd roll her eyes at what I've written, but with a smile on her face. 

She had one ring, I had the other. When I saw them, I instantly knew she'd love them. Hers said 'She thinks I'm crazy'
And mine was 'I know she's crazy'.

People always said that Liv was insane/crazy, because she always wants to do something adventurous. She wants a little risk in her life, a little excitement. I mean, I couldn't blame her, my parents are the only thing stopping me.

"Yup, I've got everything now!" Liv pulled me out of my trance as she skipped down the stairs to where I was standing. I grabbed her by the shoulders and trapped her between my arms, squeezing her to me tightly. 

"Aw, I'm gonna miss you too, girl," she said, I could hear the grin in her tone. I chuckled. 
We let each other go after a while and she took her bag in her hand, walking toward her car outside. I followed suit.