3

The season's opening ball at Danbury house  is a most highly sought-after invitation, indeed, for every darling debutante from Park Lane to Regent street will be on display

The season's opening ball at Danbury house is a most highly sought-after invitation, indeed, for every darling debutante from Park Lane to Regent street will be on display.Titled, chaste, and innocent, this is what they have been raised and trained for since birth.Tonight, we shall discover which young ladies might succeed at securing a match, thereby avoiding the dreadful, dismal condition known as "the spinster".

Anastasia walks in with her family but having her parents by her side.All eyes turn to the beautiful young Hathaway."Why are they all staring?"Anastasia asks."Because you are beautiful my dear" Duchess Hathaway says with a smile.Lady Danbury walks up to the Hathaway family."Welcome it's been a long time"Lady Danbury says while greeting all of them."Thank you for inviting us lady Danbury" Anastasia says and Lady Danbury smiles."None sense my dear, we've been family friends since a long time I basically helped your mother changed all of your diapers"Lady Danbury says."How's Simon?" Anastasia asks."Same old, same old"Lady Danbury says."If you may excuse us Lady Danbury, but I'll escort my sister around the room"Alaric says while walking away with Anastasia.Young men turn around and look at Anastasia passing by."Anastasia" Daphne says while walking up to the siblings.They greet each other."Why aren't you dancing?"Anastasia asks."I should be asking you that, but Anthony has been scaring all my suitors away" Daphne says with a sigh."Where is he anyway?"Alaric asks while looking around."He went to get me some lemonade."Daphne says.A young good looking man comes up to the pair and he looks at Anastasia and bows. "Miss Hathaway,Mister Hathaway, and Miss Bridgerton greetings."The young man says."Ahh Lord Walters no need for presentation"Alaric says with a smile."I'm sorry to interrupt, but may I escort Miss Hathaway to the dance floor."Lord Walters says with a charming smile."Of-"Anastasia begins to say but gets cut off by Anthony who joins the siblings and Daphne."Of course not"Anthony says while clenching his jaw."Why not?"Alaric and Lord Walters ask while Daphne looks at Anthony with wide eyes."Pardon me, but Lord Bridgerton doesn't answer for me I can answer for myself, and I would love to dance with you my lord"Anastasia says with a fake smile and sending a glare to Anthony.Lord Walters escorts Anastasia to the dance floor and they began to dance.Both the Bridgerton siblings look at the pair along side Alaric."Don't you want to oppose to this?"Anthony says while clenching his jaw."Oppose of what?, Lord Walters and Anastasia, certainly not Anastasia is hardly stubborn and is not easy to get with."Alaric says while laughing."And she's not easy to forgive someone"Daphne says while looking cluelessly around the room.Anthony turns to his sister and clears his throat."You know?"Anthony asks Daphne, which she nods in response."You all think of me as clueless?"Alaric says while both siblings turn to the oldest Hathaway."I know about you and Anastasia" Alaric says and both Bridgerton siblings eyes widen while he walks away.Meanwhile Anastasia stopped dancing after dancing with a few gentlemen and went to Lady Danbury's garden.Anastasia looks up at the sky and sighs."And what is a lovely lady doing here?"A voice asks and she quickly turns around to look at a young man that was standing next to a tree."Not to be rude, but who are you?"Anastasia asks the attractive young man."I'm Theodore, but I prefer Theo, now who are you?"Theo says."I'm Anastasia"Anastasia says and she looks around."You know we're not chaperoned, that's really bad for my image" Anastasia says."Hmmm well you best be going, Miss Anastasia"Theo says with a wink which makes Anastasia take a deep breath."Yeah, I do must be going"Anastasia says, and walks away to go back to Lady Danbury's ball.
As Anastasia walks into the ball room someone gets a hold of her arm."Anastasia where were you?We've been looking everywhere for you"Anthony says and Anastasia rolls her eyes."And be we, you mean yourself"Anastasia says."Let's dance shall we?"Anthony asks.Before Anastasia can protest Anthony drags her to the dance floor.They start to dance and Anastasia puts on a fake smile."Can we talk?"Anthony asks."There is nothing to talk about"Anastasia says trying to avoid eye contact and Anthony sighs."I'm going to ask your parents for your hand in marriage"Anthony says quickly which makes Anastasia's eyes widen."What?Why?"Anastasia asks."Because I love you.And I want to show you that I love you."Anthony says and Anastasia laughs."You are so egoistic, you only want me because you can't have me, pathetic"Anastasia says while rolling her eyes."Listen to me, I love you and I know you love me too.So pleas-"Anthony begins to say but gets cut off by Lady Bridgerton. "Anthony a word"Lady Bridgerton says while smiling at the pair.Anthony sighs and kisses Anastasia's hand and walks off with his mother.Anastasia sighs and looks down at her gloved hand.
___________________________________