15

"I hear you are to leave town tonight"Anthony tells Simon as he takes a seat right next to him

"I hear you are to leave town tonight"Anthony tells Simon as he takes a seat right next to him."You hear correctly."Simon says as he looks down at his drink. "I misjudged you. I was never quite certain, but now it is clear your intentions with Daphne were honorable after all.She has found herself a prince, and you are going on your way.Perhaps one day the two of us will be able to laugh at all this?" Anthony says and Simon stares at him."Perhaps. Are you to tell me you're sorry to see me go?"Simon says clearly amused."We should not have to go that far , should we?"Anthony says and Simon chuckles.They both raise a their glass and drink out of it."How's the Anastasia situation?"Simon asks, which causes Anthony to shake his head."It's a dead end, but it is still not to late.If that bastard thinks he can take her away he is wrong." Anthony says and Simon looks behind him quite amused."Must I say Mister Bridgerton I am quite not a bastard and never wrong about anything if I do say so myself"Theo says while standing behind Anthony with his cousin.Anthony turns around and looks at him."No, please don't stop at my presence, I am quite interested on what insults your going to use next"Theo says while smirking. "I promise you, you don't want to hear the words that were going to come out of my mouth." Anthony says and Simon sits quietly clearly noticing the tension. "I can take it, like I took the lovely lady that was once yours"Theo says smirking.Anthony quickly stands up but Simon holds him down."I apologize for my cousins words Mister Bridgerton."Prince Friedrich says and Theo rolls his eyes."He started it"Theo says. "May I have a word with you about Miss Bridgerton" Prince Friedrich says."Of course"Anthony says while walking towards him but Theo stops him."I will say this once stay away from Anastasia."Theo says and Anthony laughs."Or what?" Anthony says."You don't want to know what I'm capable of, she already has a ring on her finger so clearly she's mine."Theo says while letting Anthony go and walking away but not before he bumps into his shoulder.

Anastasia sits in the balcony of her home and stares at the field in front of her.Then she stares at the ring on her finger.It's crazy how this ring just seals your destiny, the love and the passion of their relationship.How could she be so lucky to find a man like Theo.She sighs and grasps the necklace that she's wearing.Then she hears a knock interrupting the thoughts." Anastasia, the carriage is ready.We must leave"Alaric says.

"As we all know, there is nothing this author loves mores than a scandal, and tonight's soirée promises more than this fair share, courtesy of the recently widowed Lady Trowbridge.Some may call her celebrations too provocative, and I would caution any young lady from getting caught up in the sensual nature of the fêtes.For one scandal move between unwed couple, a wayward touch, or heaven forbid, a kiss, would banish any young lady from society in a trail of ruin.

As she enters the ball she could feel people's eyes on her.Ever since Lady Whistledown announced her engagement to the prince, it brought a lot of attention to her and her family.Anastasia quickly notices Theo approaching.He greets her with a kiss on her hand."Sei bellissima(You look beautiful)" Theo whispers in her ear causing Anastasia to feel her heart and breathing go faster as she stares at his eyes."It means you look beautiful, also I see you're wearing the jewelry I gave you"Theo says and Anastasia nods."I had to show off what you gave me" Anastasia says with a smile."If only you knew the things I want to do to you"Theo says making Anastasia look at him."Like what?" Anastasia asks. "It wouldn't be a gentlemen thing to do, to provoke you with such words my love"Theo says as he kisses her hands."Shall we dance?"Theo asks."Of course" Anastasia says.
Anthony looks at both of them with a clenched jaw and then he hears a familiar voice singing making him tense up.He looks towards the other side of the room to see Siena.They both make eye contact but Siena quickly averts her eyes.As she sings she notices Anastasia and Theo dancing.As she looks at them a bit of envy starts to form in her stomach.She has known of who Anastasia Hathaway.The perfect daughter with the perfect family in high status, going to be engaged to a perfect prince.Siena always wanted a perfect life like hers, Anastasia was perfect her beauty and her life were just perfect.And she hated that she didn't have that.

It was the middle of the night when she hears a knock in her window.Anastasia gets up and gets her hair brush.She sees a shadow in her balcony.She quickly opens the doors and starts hitting the person."Ow" Anthony says as he tries to make Anastasia stop."Stop it's me Anthony." Anthony says and Anastasia looks at him."Is that supposed to make me stop?" Anastasia says while holding her brush."I'm sorry for interrupting your sleep"Anthony says."What are you doing here?, late at night may I add." Anastasia says."I came here to tell you I'm sorry for everything, and I just want your forgiveness"Anthony says but Anastasia sees a sincere look in his eyes."Why are you telling me this right now, couldn't you just wait to tell me this later when sunrise is upon us"Anastasia says looking at him questionably."I may not come back after tonight." Anthony says."What do you mean?" Anastasia asks while setting her brush down."I'm going to duel Simon at sunrise" Anthony says making Anastasia shake her head."Are you crazy?, you can't do that.He's your best friend and also your mother and your siblings need you." Anastasia says while giving him a hug."He deceived Daphne, and that is unforgiving.I have no choice but to fight for my family and what's right." Anthony says."No.You can't do this.I know I kind of don't show it but I still care for you Anthony.As a friend of course.But I need you too.Don't do this." Anastasia says."I can't" Anthony says while putting his forehead into hers. "I won't let you do this.Pleas it's all I ask from you." Anastasia says."Am I forgiven?" Anthony asks as he gives her a small smile."Of course.But please don't do this.You can come into an agreement with Simon and all things would be well." Anastasia says and Anthony squeezes her hand."I love you"Anthony says and Anastasia looks down."You don't have to say it back, I just wanted to tell you.And I hope he makes you happy and treats you better then I did.I love you Anastasia Hathaway." Anthony says while kissing her hands."Don't do this"Anastasia says while Anthony gets up and looks at the window. "I'm sorry" Anthony says while he goes towards the balcony and climbs down carefully down.
After Anthony left Anastasia looked at Anthony riding away on his horse.Anastasia quickly gets up and puts on a robe to cover her night gown and go towards the balcony.She tries to climb down the same way Anthony did but it was quite difficult."Ugh why did he make it looks so easy"Anastasia says while carefully putting her foot on one of the stones but she slips and falls down next to the bushes."Ow" Anastasia says while getting up.She runs to the stables and gets her horse.

As she arrives she sees Daphne making her way to.She stops noticing Simon and Anthony about to shoot.Then all she sees is Daphne falling off of her horse due to the horse being startled by the gun shot.
Anastasia gets down of her horse and quickly runs towards Daphne."Daphne!" Anastasia says while pushing the boys out of her way."You stupid insolent men, didn't you see her!" Anastasia yells while checking on her friend."Are you hurt?"Simon asks while Daphne stands up with the help of Anastasia. "Tell me!"Simon says getting frustrated."I am perfectly well, no thanks to you idiots."Daphne says while Anastasia takes off the grass from her hair. "What do you think your playing at!" Anthony says. "Says the man who just shot at me!"Daphne says. "You just rode into the middle of a duel!"Anthony says.Daphne sighs and looks at Simon."I require a moment with the Duke."Daphne says but Anthony goes towards her."Daphne-"Anthony starts to say but Daphne interrupts him, " I require a moment with the Duke!"Daphne says."Make it brief"Benedict says.Both Daphne and Simon walk off a few steps from them.Anastasia then turns to Anthony and hugs him."I'm so glad your alright"Anastasia says. "What are you doing here?" Anthony asks."To stop you of course, someone clearly has to stop you two idiots" Anastasia says and Anthony rolls his eyes. "You're not changing my mind"Anthony says. "Benedict and Colin help me out here"Anastasia says and both boys shake their heads.Anastasia clearly angry grabs both of their ears making them both look at her in pain."All three of you listen to me! You stop it right now or I will tell your mother"Anastasia says."You May let them go Anastasia, because there would be no need to continue"Daphne says while walking with Simon."Why?" Anthony asks."Because the Duke and I are to be married"Daphne says.There was a moment of silence until Benedict spoke up. "Anastasia you may let go of our ears now."Benedict says clearly snapping the girl out of her speechless state and let's go of the two boys.