9

Anastasia and her mother were both at the Brudgerton's house having tea with Lady Bridgerton

Anastasia and her mother were both at the Brudgerton's house having tea with Lady Bridgerton."The nerve of Lord Berbrook, it's so good that you found a plan to get rid of him"Duchess Hathaway says."Talking of suitors, Anastasia what of your suitors?"Lady Bridgerton asks."Well I have been interested in one, he's a quite handsome gentleman." Anastasia says with a slight smile."That is ve-"Lady Bridgerton starts to say but gets cut off by the door opening and in comes Anthony with a look of determined in his eyes."Can I speak with Anastasia in my study, and don't worry mother Colin would be there with us."Anthony says making Anastasia's eyes widened."What do you need to discuss with me?"Anastasia asks."I'll tell you once we're in my study."Anthony says.Anastasia gets up and follows behind Anthony.Once they get into his study he shuts the door."Where is Colin?"Anastasia asks."He is with Benedict at the club"Anthony says firmly."So you lied..hmmm you keep lying to everyone I see"Anastasia says."Marry me"Anthony says while pulling out a box with a ring."Pardon?" Anastasia says in shock."Marry me, I'm asking for your hand.I've come to realize how selfish I've been and how my choices were really affecting you.Which I'm truly sorry.I want to wake up next to you and gaze into your eyes.Kiss you whenever I want to.Show you off as mine."Anthony says while grabbing Anastasia's hand.As Anastasia looks at the ring, she thinks of Theo."I-.....I don't know"Anastasia says making Anthony's smile drop."What do you mean you don't know?I thought you wanted me to propose"Anthony says."Key word, I wanted.As in the past.But for all this time I've been an idiot waiting Anthony.Now it's your turn.How is it when I am truly happy for once you tend to come up." Anastasia says while pulling her hand out of his grasp."It's him isn't it?"Anthony says with a clenched jaw."Him?" Anastasia asks."The one in the picnic.Anastasia I was foolish, but please don't do this to us."Anthony says."Us?,Anthony the us ended when you were with the opera singer.And please it's not like you magically changed over night.You seem to tell me that, but I don't see it.I'm sorry but you have lost my trust." Anastasia says while looking straight into his eyes.Oh, how the tables have turned.Now the one shedding a tear was the one and only Viscount Bridgerton."I'm not giving you up so easily Anastasia, I am going to prove it to you.And that bloody git would look foolish to ever compete with me"Anthony says in anger."I'm saying this once in for all, let me go and stop waisting your time"Anastasia says while opening the door to his study and comes in Lady Bridgerton and Duchess Hathaway stumbling in."Where you listening this whole time?" Anastasia asks making both woman look anywhere else but them.Anastasia sighs and leaves the room."I'm sure with a little talk she can come back into terms."Duchess Hathaway says and Lady Bridgerton nods.

As the Hathaway family made there way into the ball, Anastasia quickly went straight to the beverage table.She might not want to admit it, but she was nervous that Theo was going to be introduced and come into the light.Anastasia drowned her lemonade, but her nerves made it impossible for her to enjoy it.What if someone else caught his eye.What if he left her because she wasn't pretty enough.As many thoughts came into her head she quickly got a champagne glass and chugged it all in one big gulp. All of a sudden she sees the Queen,Theo, and a man who assumes is Theo's cousin.Many young woman and there mamas surround them.Anastasia notices Theo is looking around until his eyes stared into hers.Theo quickly whispers something to the Queen who looks at Anastasia with a smile.Theo then pushes away from the crowd of girls and makes his way to Anastasia.Anastasia notices eyes looking there way, some with envy."Your highness"Anastasia says while bowing down.Theo grabs her gloved hand and kisses it while making eye contact with her slowly making her heart race."My love"Theo says with a slight smirk."People are staring"Anastasia says with a slight blush."Let them stare, as they should see the shining diamond that is in my grasp." Theo says making her heart flutter."Your exaggerating"Anastasia says with a small laugh."Are you saying I, the prince of Italy, am a liar?"Theo says jokingly."Yes I am.Are you going to have my head for that." Anastasia says jokingly."Hmmm I believe I shall think of other punishments other than that."Theo says winking at her."Shall we dance?"Theo asks and Anastasia nods.Theo takes her hand and leads her into the dance floor.While Anastasia looks around Daphne and Simon both give her a thumbs up with a smile, while other young debutants give her a jealous glare.As the pair dance, Lady Bridgerton is watching with shock."Oh dear, Anthony is pardon my words fucked."Lady Bridgerton says.

____________________________________
A/N:
I would like to thank this lovely person who's given me this idea and future ideas in the book that will come soon,which I truly appreciate.And thank you for doing so, and for loving this book❤️
MartinsGarrixx .