5

Ambitious mamas rejoice, for the new Duke of Hastings continues to grace our fair city with his presence

Ambitious mamas rejoice, for the new Duke of Hastings continues to grace our fair city with his presence.And, oh, what an impressive presence it is! It should be noted that the Duke has been overheard announcing to mamas everywhere that he has no plans of ever marrying.This author wonders which brazen matchmaker shall rise to such a challenge, for this competition is well underway.

Both Simon and Anthony were drinking away in the club."You know, I do suppose if it were not for an overzealous mother at every corner, this time of year in the city would not be so dreadful."Simon says while putting his drink down."Those mothers simply want the same as you, I rather think."Anthony says. "For every last one of them to choke on their daughter's, hair ribbons?"Simon says sarcastically. "For you to claim a wife, Hastings.Are you truly not planning on taking your place in society when you have a dukedom?"Anthony says."I have a title, which, as far as I'm concerned, will end with me." Simon says."But Hastings-"Anthony starts to say but gets cut off by Simon, "Stop calling me that.It was my fathers name.Never mine.And in any case, what of you?"Simon says."What of me?"Anthony asks. "You are the firstborn Bridgerton of a firstborn Bridgerton, nine times over.Where is your wife? If I do believe so myself you were secretly courting Anastasia."Simon says."She found out about Siena" Anthony says and Simon chuckles."And she is giving you a hard time? I presume"Simon says."She has entered this year's social season"Anthony says making Simon's eyes widen."If she did such a thing she must have been deeply hurt, so you have massive competition for her hand?Or is if you want to ask for her hand."Simon says."I am going to ask for her hand, soon.I just have to deal with Dap-"Anthony starts to say but gets cut off by Simon, "That's not a very good idea, one thing I have learned about our dear Anastasia is that she isn't fond of waiting."Simon says.

It has reached my ears that Mr.Colin Bridgerton shall be awarded the year's grand prize when he sweeps Miss Thompson off her pretty little slipper red feet.In other news, a most Percy liar suitor for Miss Daphne Bridgerton has emerged.As for Miss Anastasia Bridgerton she was last seen dancing with many suitors on the night of Lady Danbury's ball, but one of those suitors was the famous rake Viscount Anthony Bridgerton.A source has informed me that they were seen riding a horse together, they seemed quite close.Is she able to tame the famous rake.

As the Hathaway enters the Oprah they all look around.Anthony catches the eyes of Anastasia and he winks at her making the young Hathaway look away.A royal guard comes up to the family."The Queen would like to have a word with Miss Anastasia Hathaway."The royal guard says and Anastasia looks at her parents who nod.The royal guard leads Anastasia the the Queen.Anastasia bows respectfully."Your majesty"Anastasia says with a smile."Ahh, my diamond I need to have a word"The Queen says making Anastasia nod."It has gotten my attention that you have actually been proven to be this years true incomparable, which is very wonderful, And every diamond needs to be shows off by someone worthy of it.I have a wonderful suggestion of whom that worthy opponent might be. That's why I'm inviting you and your mama to have some tea with me, I'll send you a card directed to your home."The Queen says making Anastasia smile respectfully."That would be amazing thank you, you majesty"Anastasia says and the Queen kisses her forehead."Nonsense my dear, I'm just helping the finest lady get her perfect match"The Queen says with a smile.After that conversation Anastasia gets escorted to her mother.Anastasia then realizes who's going to perform and she laughs."Mother, I'll be right back"Anastasia says and Duchess Hathaway nods."Well make it quick darling, I'll be waiting for you in Lady Danbury's box."Duchess Hathaway says. Anastasia finds Anthony talking to Alaric."May I have a word with Anthony brother."Anastasia says and Alaric nods."I've head who's going to perform, Siena isn't it?"Anastasia says and Anthony sighs. "I don't-"Anthony starts to say but Anastasia cuts him off, "I'm not mad"Anastasia says while laughing and Anthony's eyes widen."You're not?"Anthony says. "I just love how life works.And also the clock is ticking, if you know what I mean my lord."Anastasia says while giving him a wink while walking away. Anthony smiles but it quickly wipes away when he sees Siena peeking out of the curtains.They both make eye contact and Anthony looks away."I shall do what's right"Anthony says.Anthony may not admit It but he felt a slight admiration towards Siena, but he fully loved Anastasia.That's what is keeping him from proposing to Anastasia right now.But as everyone knows time is not always your friend, nor it will not wait for you.