Movie 16

Alder: "Okay, this took place... uh... not too long ago."
Caitlin: "Your dedication to timing is an inspiration to us all."
Alder: "As you might have heard, we had a bit of a problem with some Plasma guys. They got stopped - I guess Ash was involved with some of that? I know he wasn't when we managed to stop the flying battleship..."
Grimsley: "From what we've heard today, he was two rooms ahead of us fighting Kyurem."
Cynthia: "I wouldn't put it past him."

Alder: "One of the things Plasma failed to clean up after themselves with was... okay, I guess maybe there were two things. So, there was this project they had which involved bringing some fossilized Genesect back to life."
Aaron: "Genesect, in case anyone doesn't know, are some of the most powerful Bug-types in history and prehistory. They're still as distressingly flammable as ever, but they're also immensely powerful."
Alder: "Right. Anyway, Plasma grafted this thing onto them which gave their Techno Buster attack a Type, but that was about it. The team collapsed, and the Genesect escaped and started trying to go home."
Lucian: "Home... for them that would be somewhere several hundred million years in the past."
Diantha: "Poor things."
Wikstrom: "I've heard of these Pokemon. They can fly, right?"
Alder: "Among other things. The other thing was... her."
*slide change*

Lorelei: "...Will? Didn't you way Mewtwo was male?"
Will: "That's correct."
Alder: "No, this was a different one. Like... 80% sure of that."
Drasna: "That's not very sure."
Alder: "I didn't have a blood test kit. Apparently, she's capable of Mega Evolving."
Siebold: "That takes a Key Stone, a Mega Stone, and a human trainer. ...doesn't it?"
Cynthia: "You'd think. Rayquaza does fine without, though."
Drake: "True, yes."
Siebold: "I'm confused now. I thought that was how it worked."
Will: "Perhaps there was a sympathetic scientist somewhere?"
Alder: "Okay, okay, I'm talking here!"

Alder: "The Genesect met this Mewtwo, and-"
Steven: "Wait."
Alder: "What?"
Steven: "How could you possibly know that?"
Marshal: "We interviewed one of 'em."
Glacia: "...okay."
Alder: "They met this Mewtwo, had a talk, and the red Genesect - the leader - kind of got in a fight with her."
Lance: "Is this when Ash comes in?"
Alder: "Surprisingly, no, that comes later. The Genesect left, and decided that New Tork was going to be their new home - why, I don't know."

Aaron: "They could have felt it was similar to their old home's skyline or something."
Alder: "That's a guess and you know it. Right... one of the Genesect was in the park and Ash met it. He befriended it, but then the other Genesect turned up and misinterpreted things - and, wouldn't you know it, a fight broke out."
Cynthia: "How long did it take him to-"
Marshal: "Play the tape!"
*clip plays*

Cynthia: "Huh. That was... what, thirty seconds?"
Alder: "Well, once he landed, yeah. And yes, I did notice he rode the Genesect as well... anyway, once the fight broke out, Mewtwo showed up to help save Pikachu and Axew. Not the humans - she wasn't big on the whole humans thing."
Drasna: "With her life, as an experiment, it is hard to blame her."
Alder: "I'll blame her if I feel like it. Right. The Genesect basically claimed the whole of the central park area, and made themselves a big home out of silk."
Shauntal: "I don't want to think about where the thread came from... ew."
Phoebe: "Now you're making all of us think about it!"
Alder: "The home thing caused a power brown-out, so Ash and his friends went in to try and restore power. It got kind of... complicated..."
*clip plays*

Phoebe: "A night-time battle in a city with unreliable power. How wonderful."
Alder: "The red one had some kind of ability to control the others, but that one Ash met was able to resist it because Ash was nearby - told you he befriended it..."
Lorelei: "How does he not have a Legendary by now?"
Alder: "And it took an attack for him, as well. Didn't kill the bug, but did knock it out for a while."
Aaron: "That must have been very powerful."
Alder: "Three other Genesect. They attacked a Persian, Ash got in the way, and this one got in the way for Ash. It's about this point that the Mewtwo started to protect everyone from the rampage... and the fight intensified, until the whole power station shut down completely."
Cynthia: "You know, I'm starting to think that any city Ash Ketchum visits which doesn't get half destroyed gets off lightly."
Lance: "I'm so glad he's only been to Saffron a couple of times."

Alder: "Anyway, he talked all the Genesect around except the red one, then Mewtwo talked around the red one - something about space? They fell out of the sky, and Ash organized a setup to catch them."
Lorelei: "...three, four, five... that's six legendaries in one day, along with a city. Not too shabby."
Karen: "And it also completes his set for Unova. He's met all of them too."
Alder: *sigh* "One day I'll get a chance..."
Cynthia: "So, what happened after that?"
Alder: "Ash worked out some plan for where the Genesect could go, and they liked it. That's about as far as it goes."

Cynthia: "I'd ask what would happen with no Ash, but I think I already know. Genesect take over New Tork City, possibly have a battle with Mewtwo, devastation."
Marshal: "That's about the shape of it."
Alder: "Pretty much, yeah. Still a step down from some, though..."

Diantha: "Right. Fortunately, there's only one Kalos incident with Mr. Ketchum-"
Cynthia: "So far."
Diantha: "Hopefully for good... do we need one last recess?"
Lance: "I think it would be a good idea - it'll probably take a while to decide on a course of action, so we should all be properly ready for that section of the meeting coming straight off your talk."
*nods*