Movie 17

Lance: "I think we're ready now. Diantha?"
Diantha: "Thanks, Lance."
Diantha: "Okay, everyone. I've checked my notes, and I think that this incident in Kalos was actually almost as jaw-dropping as some of the Hoenn or Sinnoh ones."
Steven: "This isn't a contest!"
Sidney: "It really is, though."
*chuckles*
Cynthia: "Good luck... it'll be hard to top the thing with Arceus."
Diantha: "Well, we'll see how I do compared to the incident with Giratina, at least."

Diantha: "Firstly - this involves three Pokemon from Kalos. Legendary Pokemon, that is. The first one we encounter is Diancie."
Alder: "Any relation?"
Diantha: *sighs* "No, and I've heard that one before. Diancie is a Legendary of the Fairy and Rock types, who is associated with gemstones."
Steven: "I like this already."
Sidney: "Oh, not the gemstones again. Steven-"
Phoebe: "Sidney, manners!"
Diantha: "I think you'll find gemstones are vital." *adjusts necklace significantly*
Caitlin: "Wait - I remember this. Key Stones and Mega Stones!"
Sidney: "...oh."
Diantha: "Yes, though Diancie was still young and she wasn't fully in control of her powers at this point."

Diantha: "This was at a time of crisis for the Diamond Domain, Diancie's home. It was when the Heart Diamond that fuelled it and kept it alive was close to failing, and Diancie needed to learn to replenish it. She left home to seek out Xerneas to learn how to do so."
Alder: "Okay, even I know that one. The Legendary of Life. Does it turn up-"
Diantha: "She. And yes."
Grimsley: "This is doing my head in."
Flint: "You're still surprised? After today?"
Bertha: "Now, now, don't mock the poor lad."
*Grimsley looks faintly outraged*

Diantha: "Diancie was attacked by two trainers - Marilyn Flame and Ninja Riot."
Karen: "Because of course they were called that."
Diantha: "Yes. This is where Ash comes in - he intervened by knocking out the main Pokemon of the two trainers and promptly helped Diancie escape."
Lorelei: "He has a good heart, doesn't he..."
Bruno: "It's the one constant we've seen."
Diantha: "Diancie was very naive at this point, and Ash and his friends - including one of the Kalos Gym Leaders, by the way - told her a few things about the outside world and treated her to a meal."
Drasna: "That is a cute scene."
Diantha: "This bit we actually have some photos for."
*slide change*

Cynthia: "That is incredibly cute. How do we have this photo?"
Diantha: "Someone uploaded it to Chatter."
Cynthia: "Fair enough."
Diantha: "Unfortunately, that Team Rocket trio we've discussed before turned up. They kidnapped Diancie, and made her make diamonds for them - which she did -until someone called Millis Steel helped her escape."
Lance: "Who's that?"
Diantha: "Someone else after the diamonds - she's the daughter of criminal Argus Steel."

Diantha: "They went to a shopping mall while headed in the direction of Xerneas, and enjoyed themselves for a bit - but then Diancie's servants showed up. Ash and his friends got the mistaken impression that the servants, three Carbink, were working for one or other of the thieves - which led to confusion, especially when the thieves actually showed up."
Phoebe: "How many groups of thieves are there?"
Wikstrom: "I count three."
Diantha: "This happened, by the way."
*clip plays - Ash jumping off an extending ladder, grabbing onto his Hwalucha, and collecting Diancie from an overhead walkway*

Bruno: "...that is a strong Hwalucha."
Caitlin: "Pity it was kind of wasted effort."
Diantha: "The whole mess took a while to sort out. In the end, a quarrel between the Steels and the other criminals let Diancie and Ash and his friends escape with the Carbink - at which point they found out that Diancie had run away to look for Xerneas, rather than doing it with their knowledge."
Malva: "Foolish..."
Will: "But understandable."

Diantha: "When they got to the Diamond Domain, they found that the heart diamond had indeed died - the place was suffering badly. In an attempt to find a solution, they entered Allearth forest - a forbidden location in which Xerneas dwells. She granted Diancie - and the Carbink, and a Dedenne who was with the group - her Fairy Aura. However..."
Marshal: "There's always a however."
Lance: "Why was the forest forbidden?"
Diantha: "Because of what happened next. The Rockets and all four diamond thieves began to fight over Diancie, and awakened the Cocoon of Destruction."
*Malva goes chalk white*
Grimsley: "...wait. Ain't that Yveltal?"
Alder: "Well, that's the other one you mentioned. Life and death..."
Diantha: "Yes. Yveltal started throwing Oblivion Wing around and petrifying the forest - and people. You may be interested in knowing that, apparently, Pikachu blocked one of them that was aimed for Diancie."
Sidney: "No. Way."
Steven: "Sidney, if you'd care to-"
Sidney: "Boss, Yveltal is the Legendary of death. Oblivion Wing literally steals life force. And that crazy Pikachu blocked it! That's... I don't even know. I mean, the Kyogre thing was one thing, but this..."
*silence*

Dinatha: "As the incident wore on, Diancie worked out how to use the power Xerneas had given her - and to Mega Evolve, since she'd managed to create a Diancite."
Siebold: "Who was her partner?"
Diantha: "...good question. I think Clemont's younger sister was holding the Diancite. Anyway... that protected them from Yveltal's attacks, until Xerneas arrived and managed to talk Yveltal down."
Cynthia: "...okay, I don't even know how to work out what would happen without-"
Diantha: "I wasn't finished. Pikachu had been hit by the fringes of the Oblivion Wing beam, and it turned him to stone once it had burned through his life force."
Cynthia: "-...oh."
Lance: "That's a massive loss. I didn't know-"
Diantha: "And then Xerneas used her Geomancy to restore everyone - including Pikachu, and the forest itself. She transformed into a tree as part of this process, but that's just a normal thing for Xerneas."
*explosive sighs of relief*

Alder: "Diantha! You were teasing us!"
Diantha: "...yes?"
Siebold: *chuckles*
Cynthia: "That was a dirty trick."
Diantha: "I did track down the various criminals. The Steels now run a chocolate shop, and the other two are married. Diancie rejuvenated her Diamond Domain with a Heart Diamond, and it seems as though everything did eventually work out."

Karen: "I'm curious. Who, exactly, did you interview for this?"
Diantha: "Well, Diancie, actually. She was, after all, there."
Lance: "Right. I think that's everything?"
*pause for comment*
Lance: "Good. Okay, I had a few ideas for what we could do. I think the first step is to discuss whether we can put someone permanently on Ash's tail without his noticing. Koga?"
Koga: "I think-"
*everyone, except Lance and Koga, flinch or jump in shock*
Cynthia: "Where'd he come from!?"
Lance: "He's been hiding in the corner all this time. Good, isn't he?"