Part nine

WHEN THEY BOTH fixed their gazes on the other, nothing else mattered.  Not the planes, not their differences, much less the fact of being locked up there.  They were smiling broadly at each other, happy, and neither of them could deny what it made them feel, that tickling in their stomach.

Draco was happy, something he did not think could happen to him.  He had forgotten all about his problems for a moment and was enjoying himself like a little child.

He was beginning to notice what Annelisse was doing to him;  how she made his heart race when she looked at him with that smile of hers, when she said his name and made his skin crawl, how she made him tremble when she touched him.

They had launched all the planes and only theirs was missing.  Annelisse, bent down for a second to pick it up and leaned closer to Draco, causing his heart to race once more. He felt that his heart was going to leave his chest to having her so close.

Annelisse, sweetly took his hand and made him hold the plane and then take it herself. They both held the plane and looked at each other.

"Ready?"  She said, raising an eyebrow.
To which Draco replied with a smile, trying not to do so. Instantly, they fixed their gazes ahead and, with some momentum, launched that plane together.

They watched it fly away from them. Annelisse, seeing that it was moving away and did not lose control, celebrated that the plane had flown perfectly, with little jumps.

"Well, what is my prize?"  He asked, turning to her.

"Prize? It's clearly a tie."  Annelisse replied.

"Your last plane took a nosedive."

"Because yours hit it!"  She pouted and Draco could not help but laugh.

"Lisse, I won. Admit it."

She was surprised to hear her name.  It was the first time he had called her by her name and she could not help but smile at it. Annelisse loved the way he called her;  Lisse.

"Okay."  She said finally but still with some indignation. They both let out a big sigh and looked away once more.

Although they did not know it, each one was thinking the same thing; In the other.  Annelisse was discovering a Draco Malfoy that had nothing to do with who he used to be around people, she had seen the real Draco and she could not ignore that fact. Him, was grateful that they were locked in. If not, he would never have talked to Annelisse, who Draco liked to be with.

As he turned his face to look at her one more time of so many, he saw Annelisse sitting on the floor and hugging herself. She moved her hands over her arms, trying to warm herself from the cold.  Draco seeing that, did not hesitate for an instant,  he took off the jacket that he had brought from his black suit and approached Annelisse, sitting next to her and then placing the jacket on her shoulders, covering her.

Noticing it, she turned her face to Draco, surprised by what he had done.  The two looked at each other and gave each other a shy smile.

When Annelisse looked away, saw the book that she had previously brought with her. She reached for it and opened it, beginning to leaf through it. Draco watched her intently, seeing what she was doing.

"Look."  Annelisse said, pointing her finger at the book "This is my favorite."

Draco looked at the book and could see that it pointed to a constellation that was familiar to him.  It was the Centaurus. If was something Draco was good at it, it was Astrology and Potions. In fact, he was the best of his year. Annelisse kept browsing until she found another constellation that caught her eye.

"I think I take back what I said before, this one's my favorite now."  She said and looked at Draco, smiling at him.  He, seeing that it was the constellation that bore the same name as him, smiled in a silly way, almost blushing for it.

He could no longer ignore what Annelisse made him feel, knowing with certainty what was happening to him.

He liked Annelisse.

And he adored the way she made him feel. Annelisse had, somehow, saved him.  She had crept into his heart without warning, completely turning his world upside down and making him feel what he never had; love and affection.

He was scared to feel this way for her, but at the same time it was tremendously incredible. He finally felt all those things that he had never felt before. He felt that, after a long time, he had a home, and that home was called Annelisse.

"Your friends must feel very lucky with you."  Draco said, causing her to look away from the book "And your boyfriend."  Annelisse was surprised at that.

Not even Draco knew why he had said that last, or maybe he did.

"My friends are great, you should meet them one day." she smiled slightly at him "And as for the other thing, I can't answer you."  She opened her eyes a little wider, slightly tightening her lips.

"Why?"

"Because I've never had a boyfriend."  She confessed and sighed. Draco could not help but feel certainly relieved to hear that.

"Why haven't you had?"

She shrugged as if for a second she did not quite know why, even though she did. "I guess I haven't found the right person. There have been some guys who wanted to go out with me but I didn't want to, I didn't like them."

Draco felt his face burn, his blood boiling, as if he had fire inside him. He did not understand what was happening to him, he did not know that what he was feeling was jealousy, jealousy of those boys who liked Annelisse.

"Not even a kiss?"  He looked surprised by his own question and he plus he did it when he saw that Annelisse shook her head in response.

"No." She said exhaling "I guess I was waiting for the perfect moment, I wanted it to be something special and not with just anyone."  she shrugged again.

Draco, at that, could not think of anything else: Annelisse Haunt was perfect in every way about her. 

He believed that she was the personification of kindness, sweetness and he totally adored her innocence.  He absolutely adored everything about her and was fascinated by the beautiful girl he had in front of him.