Chapter 11 - Landing

Matias POV

The plane had landed around 3 in the morning. My mate had only woken once after he had passed out and had immediately kicked the bucket again soon after he'd awoken. It was quite cute though, the way his eyes went wide at the feeling of my hand sifting through his hair.

Daemon hadn't even woken up when I picked him up bridal style, lifting him to my chest as his head lolled back, revealing his gloriously pale neck. My fangs popped out a little, eager to bury them in his neck. I shook my head though, putting a leash on my urges and looking away. I carried my sleeping mate to the car that was waiting, and we began the long drive home.

I kept his head in my lap the whole time, twirling the blonde locks of hair around my fingers, and occasionally leaning down to scent him better. I know it seemed weird, but it was just a thing we werewolves tended to do. Especially with our mates. I smiled softly at him, before looking out the window and admiring the scenery that flashed by.

...

Ten minutes before we reached the packhouse, my mate started to stir. He was shuffling slightly in his seat, his head shifting against my lap. His brows were creased and he looked worried, which caused my brows to crease and become worried about what was wrong with him. A soft, scared, whimper escaped past his lips, and my heart broke. I had released his hair from my hand a while ago, but as I slowly started to put my hand back on his head, he bolted up.

His eyes were wide and frantic, sweat running down his temple, and his body shaking. He whipped his head around the car, eyes analyzing his surroundings. He was shaking as his mouth formed words, but they never came up his throat. His pale, shaky hands grasped at the seat belt I had strapped over him, rather oddly but I still did it. He frantically pulled at it, before his eyes hit the release button and he went for it. I grabbed his hand before he could though, and his eyes snapped up to mine, growing wide.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" He screamed, tears rushing down his now red cheeks, he was shaking badly again, and my heart was shattered at the fear that was coursing through him. I released the seat belt the strapped him in and pulled his trembling form onto my lap. I pushed his head into my shoulder, keeping it there with a firm hand. He struggled against me, his hands pulling on my shirt and hands, tears flowing in full force.

His sobs racked through the car, and tears pricked my eyes too. I quietly shushed him, burying my face in his hair again. I whispered soothing words into his hair, running my hand softly up and down his back. He finally stopped hitting me, and his hands gripped my shirt in balled fists. The tears were slowly stopping, but his sniffles and the occasional whimper were still there.

"You're ok baby, you're ok." I murmered into his hair, his fists tightening around my now crumpled shirt. His head was pushing into my chest, and though couldn't see his face I knew his eyes were squeezed shut, creases on his forhead.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, Daemon half sitting in my lap with his hands gripping onto me for dear life. I continued my slow pattern of whispers and my hand trailing up an down his back. I pressed light kisses into his hair occasionally, but I could feel him tense up whenever I did that so I stopped.

Eventually, I felt his breathing even out and his sniffles become fewer, and he had fallen alseep again. His hands were still clenched into my shirt, but the grip wasn't as tight as it was before.

We pulled into the driveway of the packhouse shortly after my mate had fallen asleep, and I sighed realizing I'd have to get up to move us, potentially waking him again. I wanted him to be awake, I really did, but I knew he was stressed and afraid, and that it was better if he was passed out.

I very, very carefully shifted myself so I could lift my mate, slipping one arm under his legs and the other bracing his back. The driver opened the door for me and stepped out of my way as I slipped out of the car. I shifted slightly so my mates head rested on my shoulder before walking forward towards the house. I saw shadows moving around in the house, people probably running to stay out of my way. When I was about ten feet from the large, oak doors, they opened. My sister and beta stood there, eyes drifting over me and landing on my unconscious mate. My sisters eyes lit up and my beta smirked a little bit.

"Did you seriously have to knock him out to get him here..?" Sam questioned, her arms crossing as she leaned against the door frame. I scoffed, rolling my eyes as I stopped in front of them and looked down at my mate.

"He passed everytime. He woke up in the car and had a break down, then fell asleep again." I sighed, my thumb rubbing his back. Sam snorted and Andy rolled his eyes at her.

"We can catch up in a bit, go take him to your room or something." Andy stepped to the side to let me be, clapping me on the shoulder as I walked past him.

"Thanks, man." Was all I said before walking into the packhouse.

...

Daemon POV

All I remembered was waking up in a moving vehicle from a nightmare. I remember freaking out, losing my breath as tears fell freely. Then I saw my mate sitting there, staring at me with concern in his eyes. Then he grabbed me, and I freaked out even more. I could feel the sparks flowing through my skin, my wolf howling in delight. I punched against his chest as he held my head to his shoulder, his lips brushing against my hair as he whispered sweet words for me to hear. Eventually, my wolf took over and stopped hitting him, my hands clenching his shirt as tears continued to quietly fall. And then finally, once again for probably the billionth time, I passed out back into my comfortable, black abyss.

It was like I was floating, but not. I could hear some things, I couldn't see much but it wasn't scary. It wasn't a silent, looming, black hole that was going to swallow me whole. It was comforting, like a warm hug.

The things I could hear were like bits and pieces of conversation. I heard an unfamiliar womans voice, a man with a soft yet deep voice, and then my mate. Then I heard footsteps, and silence. I closed my eyes in my own little headspace, relaxing into the familiar darkness.

But I knew what was going to happen next. I would have to wake up and face him. I would have to find a way to escape again before I grew attached, and he threw me away like the trash I was. There was a small part of me that was screaming that what I was thinking was wrong, that he would love me and I would be ok. That if he didn't want me, he wouldn't have come to find me. Yet the rational thoughts were silenced by my own fears. Nothing could convince me that he wouldn't walk away as soon as he saw everything I came with. The fear of abuse, the anxiety and mood swings, the fear of everything. I hated it, and I knew he would hate it too.

So I waited until I would come out of my comfortable darkness, only to face a destiny I couldn't escape from.

Kind of a short chapter again. Sowwy :'(