Chapter 18 - This is why we listen

I like this song...Thought I'd share. It sort of resembles Daemon too. Also, anyone wanna share how I add more than one video? I'm a noob at this :)

Daemon POV

Well shit. Didn't think this would actually happen. Actually...I kinda knew this was what I was getting myself into....but that didn't stop me in my moment of rage.

Very slowly, I turned my head to see who stood behind me. Biting on my bottom lip, I saw who stood behind me, and when I turned my head forward again, I saw three large rogue wolves approaching from the forest. Oh shit...Matias is gonna be mad.

"What are you doing out, pup?" The man behind me growled. I immediately shifted to the side, so neither this man nor the approaching wolves would be to my back. I could see the man more clearly now, and let's just say he was not a pretty guy.

He was big, there was no doubt on that, and had military cropped short hair, which looked to be a blackish color. His face was grim, a large scar running from his hairline down to his jaw, going directly through his left eye, which looked to be sealed shut. I grimaced at his sick smirk, glancing back at the three wolves that now were crouched in the weeds just before the clearing. The man moved to stand directly in front of me, and I took a step back as he took one forward.

"You didn't answer my question." I scoffed, my wolf growling at me in my head for the risky noise, but when I have ever listened to my wolf?

"I'm not a pup, to start with, old man." I snarled back, crossing my arms across my chest. His eyes darkened and a snarl formed at his lips, twisting them up, the scarred side of his face wrinkling oddly. I turned once again, slipping away from him slightly, so my back was to the house instead, and now all four rogues were in front of me, and I had a clear view of the forest. The man turned too, glaring at me, and if looks could kill, oh boy.

"You look just like the person we came here looking for. Although I'm starting to think of just killing you here." He growled, his voice low and threatening. My eyes went wide at the threat, and at this point, I was starting to get a little scared. My eyes darted to the wolves behind him, one of which let out a low warning growl when I met its eyes.

"I don't think that's really a good idea, to kill your objective," I mumbled back, my wolf whining at me to shut up again. The man's working eye narrowed on me even more, and I took a step back.

"You're lucky we're being paid for this, or you'd be dead." Well shit. That's good to know. I bit back a smile, curling my lips inwards.

"What do you think you're laughing at, fucking brat?!" The man snapped, and I swear I watched a vein pop in his forehead. Goddess, this guy had no patience.

"Jeez, you have no self-control." I laughed, not being able to hold it back. The wolves snarled as the man went from confused to furious.

"You son of a.." He started towards me, hand raised as if to hit me, but was interrupted by a loud, and when I say loud I mean fucking loud, growl. All eyes snapped towards a dark wolf that was running out of the woods, burning golden eyes narrowed in on the man in front of me. Oh, I was so fucked.

"SHIT!" He shouted, shifting quickly, his clothes tearing to shreds in front of me. He darted away from me, the other wolves following close behind, the newcomer quickly turning to chase them. One of the slower wolves, the one I had made eye contact with, was immediately tackled into the weeds and the only thing I saw was the thrashing of the weeds and the back of the new wolf before a loud, dying shriek pierced through the air and everything went silent. The rogues were now gone, leaving their friend behind who was now dead. I stood frozen in my place and the new wolf stood to its full height, turning himself towards me. I knew exactly who this wolf was too, and oh boy I was in deep shit. The damn thing started stalking towards me, and I could feel the anger radiating off him. My eyes went wide as he shifted halfway, and Matias's very, very, furious eyes bored into mine. I didn't even process the fact that he was butt naked.