Chapter 44 - Dealt With

Daemon POV

When we finally did leave our room, it was to go straight to Matias's office to figure out what we were going to do with my mother. Sam met us in there, a knowing look on her face when we stepped in.

"So," Matias walked around to his chair, sitting down on it, and Sam and I both sat down in the two chairs that were on the other side of his desk.

"I think we just send her back to her pack. They can punish her more fittingly. The only thing we could really do is rough her up before sending her back." Sam shrugged, and Matias sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"We could do that. But I want to get more information out of her first," Matias met Sam's confused gaze before he explained what had gone down earlier. She remained quiet the whole time, eyes wide with surprise, and the occasional flash of anger.

When Matias finished, she ran a hand through her hair, closing her eyes and blowing out a puff of air.

"Goddess," She mumbled, before leaning forward again to look at me, then Matias.

"So, torture her for information?" Sam asked, and Matias didn't confirm, but we both know that that was probably what was going to happen. Matias looked at me.

"What do you want to do?" He asked gently, and I just shrugged. This wasn't really up my alley, so I figured they would take care of it.

"I don't care what you guys do to her. Just make sure she gets back to her pack so they can punish her too." I suggested, folding my hands in my lap. Matias nodded, then looked to Sam.

"Go get ready to deal with this. Grab a couple of the warriors too, two or three should be plenty." Matias said, and Sam nodded before standing and walking out of the room. He looked back at me, giving me a small smile.

"Do you want to be a part of this?" Matias asked. I thought about it for a second, before deciding that I didn't really want to. I had had enough of her for the rest of my life, and I would have just been in the way anyways.

"Not really. You can just tell me anything important afterward." Matias nodded, standing from his chair and walking around the desk towards me. I stood too, and he pulled me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his waist, my head resting right underneath his head. He rested his head on mine with a sigh, pressing a soft kiss to my hair. We stayed like that for a few minutes before he pulled back. He repositioned his hands, holding my head, and placed a kiss on my forehead, then my nose, then my lips. I hummed into the kiss, bringing my hands up and wrapping them around his wrists. After a few seconds, he pulled away and touched our foreheads together. I smiled, opening my eyes to look into his. They were filled with love and adoration, and I could only assume that he saw the same thing when he looked into mine. Because Goddess did I love him.

"I have to go now," He whispered, kissing my forehead. "I'll come and find you when we're done, ok?" He pulled away fully this time, moving his hands to rest on my shoulders. I nodded, smiling before stepping forward and pressing a quick kiss to his lips. He smiled when I pulled away, before grabbing my hand and leading me out of his office.

I walked with him all the way to the doors that lead down to the cellars, stopping at the top as he turned to me, giving me one last kiss before he opened the door.

"Be safe," I called after him, and he nodded, giving me one last smile before the door shut behind him. I sighed, before turning away from the door and beginning my search for Jamie.

___

Surprisingly, Jamie was really hard to find. It took me almost twenty minutes to locate the small kid, and when I did, it was somewhere I wouldn't have expected.