Chapter Thirty-Two: Rewind

THREE DAYS EARLIER

"I just wanted to talk to you about what you said earlier. More about... what you called me."
"When I called you mum?" I asked. Dowling nodded. "You are my mum. Yes, I want to learn things about my birth parents but you're the one who raised me. You're the one who saved me that day at Aster Dell. You loved me even though you didn't have to."
"I suppose it does have a nice to ring to it." Farah smiled. "It will take some getting used to, though."
"Well, I should've called you mum sooner." I admitted before pulling the woman into a tight and warm hug.
"You go to bed. Get some rest. We'll talk in the morning." The woman then told me. I nodded and started to make my way up the field and back towards the school.

I took a detour and headed for the greenhouse instead of going back to the suite. As I reached the doors I heard someone talking inside. "We're just waiting on one more person." I smiled when I heard this voice and I entered the greenhouse. Beatrix was stood with Rosalind, Dane and Riven. They all turned to look at me and Rosalind and Beatrix smiled. "Eira." Rosalind grinned. "You've grown into such a beautiful young woman."
"Let's save the reunion talk for later, shall we?" I asked the woman before locking eyes with Riven who was frowning and slightly confused.
"I think we make pretty good actresses, don't you think?" Beatrix asked the boys as she put her arm around me. "I mean... people actually thought we weren't on the same side."
"Well, it's not difficult to pretend to hate you, Bea." I smiled sarcastically.
"You didn't have to push me through that barrier though. That hurt like a bitch."
"We had to make it believable." I smiled. "Besides... that was Stella."
"Eira, what the hell is going on?" Riven asked me.
"All you have to do is here us out." I told the boys. "You'll want to be on our side when this is all over."
"So, why don't we start with what happens next?" Rosalind smiled as Riven and Dane looked at each other before turning back to me, Beatrix and Rosalind.

The lights then started to flash on and off again before they turned on completely. "I should probably go if I'm gonna keep my cover." I told Rosalind. "They'll be expecting me back in my suite."
"You've done good, Eira." Rosalind told me.
"I always do my best." I said before leaving the greenhouse.

***

On my way back to the fairy hall, I saw Sky sitting on the grass staring straight at the school. I took a deep breath and started to approach him. "Shouldn't you be celebrating?" I asked him, smiling. "The burned ones are all dead. Thanks to Bloom."
"Did you find Riv?" He asked me.
"He's fine." I said as I took a seat beside him. I then saw his teary eyes. "Sky, what's wrong?" He didn't say anything. "You can talk to me, Sky."
"He killed him, Eira." Sky told me. "Saul. He killed my father."
"Shit." I whispered.

Sky took a deep breath and turned his head to me. "It happened that day at Aster Dell. He knew what Rosalind was doing and stopped Silva from warning Dowling and Harvey. They fought and Silva killed him. He told me my dad was a hero but... he killed hundreds of innocent people and then Silva killed him."
"I know what it's like to have to people closest to you lie, Sky." I told him. "Farah lied to me my whole life, too."
"But you found a way to forgive her. Everything I knew about my father was all a lie."
"It wasn't a lie, Sky." I said. "Andreas was a war hero."

Sky then started to cry and I pulled him down into a hug where he cried into my shoulder. "Everything is going to be okay, Sky." I told him. "All you have to do is trust me." I didn't want to tell him what I already knew. Andreas was alive. He didn't die that day at Aster Dell. And he would be the one to tell Sky that the people he killed weren't so innocent after all.