Chapter 53 [ Hunting festival 2 ]

As the dusk approaching, Ares and his knights began to hunt for animals. Under the setting sun, the forest was bathe in the bright evening sunlight. The birds began to fly back to their nests.

While looking for animals for dinner, the knights who are following from the back started a small conversation by whispering.

"Say...Duchess Aphrodite couldn't walk...what does that mean? She looked fine when she left the duchy, did something happen?"

A 17 years old knight named Finny asked his senior with an innocent face. Connor slaps his forehead and sigh. He shook his head and told Finny off.

"You shouldn't be worry about that, our lady is fine. For now, let's look for rabbits or boar."

"Wha...?" Finny secretly pouted, he definitely knows something was wrong with Aphrodite but whenever he try to ask someone, they would told him not to mind about that.

Frustrated by not getting the exact answer he needed, Finny applied pressure to the rein as the horse gallop forward. He held back the reins when he caught up with Ares.

"Duke, if I'm not being too rude but may I ask what's happening with the duchess? Everyone told me not to worry but is there actually something wrong?"

"Finny, you brat!! Come back here!!!" Jacobs' soul was leaving him little by little as he listen to Finny's blunt question.

Ares blinks and still had a straight expression on his face.

"You shouldn't be worried about my wife, I'm thankful for your worries but look for food first."

After that, Ares moves forward faster than Finny. Behind Finny was a crying, pale and trembling Jacobs, Connor and the rest of the knights shed tears.

"Even the lord doesn't want to destroy this idiot's innocence....may god bless lord Ares for not destroying this stupid kid's innocence even though he won't still get it if you tell him..."

1 hours and a half later, they find a pretty huge size boar. When they returned, the knights who stayed behind already light up the fire.

"Boar again this year!?? Ahhh, I'm hungry now~~~" One of the knight stared at the boar with hunger. They cheer in happiness as they began to clean and cut the meat.

"Someone brings the salt!!"

"And pepper!!"

"And sugar!!" Connor shouted as he cuts the meat in pieces.

"Why? What do you need sugar for!!? We aren't making dessert!" Finny laughs and ask at Connor but was hit by a nut.

"Adding sugar to the meat will enhance the flavour, dumbass. My mother always add sugar to her food. I will season the meat so you bloody idiots won't mess up."

He tossed the meats to a huge bowl for Jacobs to clean. Jacobs nervously laugh as he watches Connor kicks his juniors including Finny for slacking off and making fun of him.

Ares went back inside to the tent. Aphrodite sat by the candle light as she gently turns over the page of the book. Her long blonde hair was braided into a simple braid and let rest on her right shoulder as they went down to her stomach.

She removed all of her makeup, leaving her face bare yet she still looks beautiful and even more gentle than ever. The room was light up with light smell of flowers candle fit with the image in front of Ares.

Ares, holding bunch of daisies in his hand stared at the back of Aphrodite for almost ten minutes. As he lean against the pillar, Ares accidentally step on the armour making loud sound.

"!!!"

Aphrodite stood up and look for the cause of the sound to only find Ares awkwardly stood there with daisies in his hands.

It was like an awkward moment for both of them...

"We returned, they should be grilling the meats soon. Are you okay now?" Ares clears his throat and walks to the table.

"I'm fine now...it's not even that painful..." Aphrodite blushed as she replied to Ares.

"Here, I brought you flowers."

He went down on one knee and hand Aphrodite the daisies with a great care. Aphrodite was confused at first but a smile bloom on her face when she touch the pink petals.

"I saw these daisies were blooming by the road. They reminded me of our daughter so I picked them for you."

Even though he had no expression on his face, his word contains sweetness and absolute warm. The warm in his word melt down the worries inside Aphrodite.

"Umm...she loves daisies alot...she's probably already ate dinner...."

Aphrodite held the flowers to her heart and close her eyes as she can see Adelliana running upstairs to the bathroom with Yvonne or Margaret running behind her telling at her not to run.

"Thank you for the daisies...I love them..."

Aphrodite unconsciously move her hand to Ares's and hold it tightly. Ares held hers back and press his forehead against her.

The peaceful atmosphere included the silence from outside transform the whole room to a world of their owns.

Outside, Connor was covering Finny mouth while the knights just smile and cook the meat silently.

"Having a wife must be nice..." Was what Jacobs said as tears of envy and sadness roll down to his cheek.

"Probably..." Said Connor who covered Finny's mouth with tears rolling down...

"Mmmpfffhpmmp" Finny tried to get Connor's hand away from his mouth but fail.

How are you doing? Chinese new year and Valentines day is approaching.

Are you still going to spend them alone again this year? ;)

I'm going to spend CNY with family, friends and phone and for Valentine....I'm going to spend my Valentines day with MLQC (Mr love queen's choice/Dream Date) and Bungou stray dogs Tale of the lost 🤡.

Last year, I spent Valentines alone and had to watch girls and boys holding hands and giving roses to each other.

This year, I'm going to spend it with four men and BSD characters, farming for Chuuya bd.

Hope you have a great day and happy February :)