All's well that Ends well ✓

Tags: Established Relationship/Hurt-comfort/Pregnancy/Mild Angst/Non-sexual Intimacy

Word Count: 3k words

Aradhya taps her feet rhythmically on the ground as she sets the flower vase properly on the table; it is a habit of hers to continuously arrange things until they are in their exact place. There's an excitement bubbling up in her stomach as well as something else, something that she can't wait to tell her husband about.

Her husband who's yet to reach home.

She's been waiting for him for quite a few hours now, having taken a half-day from her job, not feeling well. Who knew that the reason for her not feeling well would make her feel the most well she's ever felt in her life.

Aradhya looks down at her stomach, which is still very flat but strokes it nonetheless, a giddy feeling rising in her chest. She blinks away the sheen in her eyes and bites her lips to stop herself from smiling widely.

"Why is he taking so long?" she murmurs to herself, looking for the phone and then views the message that Avi had last sent her.

Have a meeting but will be finishing soon.

Soon. When will this soon exactly arrive? Hasn't his meeting got over yet? Till how long she'll have to wait for him?

Aradhya sighs, leaning back into the couch and gazing at the muted tv that's playing a daily soap, name unknown to her. It's a wedding scene, all with the actors decked up in jewellery and flowers.

Naturally, she's reminded of her wedding that happened three years ago. They've both come a long way together, managing their jobs as well as their relationship, and she can only hope that they'll continue their journey together for an even longer time.

It's at that moment when she hears the fumbling of the keys from outside the door, her ears perking up at the noise. She sits up immediately, taking a peek at her reflection on her phone screen and quietly squeals to herself. She can't wait to see his reaction.

The door opens finally and enters her husband in his full glory, his blazer hung on his hand, loosened tie and dishevelled hair, but that doesn't worry Aradhya at all. It's the sight she has been used to for the past three years and even before that.

"Avi!" She exclaims happily, standing up from the couch and walking up to him. He looks up at her at that, gives her a small smile and proceeds to remove his shoes, keeping them in the shoe rack.

Aradhya's smile deters a little not hearing the usual, 'Hey, baby' or a 'what's up love'.

Welp, but she's not going to let it spoil her mood.

"You're back, I was waiting for you for so long." She says, a shy grin once again crawling up to her face, her hands behind her back.

Avinash, though, doesn't look up, now busy setting his blazer on the back of the couch. "Well, I did tell you that I was in a meeting. It went on for a long time."

A very logical answer, something that Aradhya completely understands, what she doesn't understand is that dry, almost irritated undertone in her husband's voice.

"You must be tired then, shall I fetch you a glass of water?" she asks gently.

"I want that orange juice that you make if it's not a problem."

Aradhya is slightly taken aback at the unusual demand, all with Avi drinking that juice only at the breakfast time that too in his office.

She nods nonetheless, "Of course it's not a problem. I'll make a glass of it."