Oh, how I love this Trouble ✓

Tags: Rom-com/Fluff/ Humor/Crack-fic/Self-indulgent

Word Count: 3k

"Rati, get out of your room right now. It's already seven, your maasi will be here any minute now." Her mother shouts from outside the door, and the twenty-five-year-old adult groans, fingers momentarily stopping the incessant typing on her laptop.

"I'm working, ma. I need to finish this first. And your sister is here almost every other day, what's new?" she retaliates, resuming with the excel sheets she's filling up right now, categorising all the upcoming schedules of her boss, the CEO of the company - such a boring and tedious task in contrast to what those k-dramas depict but atleast she's getting her salary. Oh well.

Her concentration breaks off when she hears her mother yelling once again "What's new is that he is coming with her."

It's as if a switch flips within her when she hears her mother's words this time. Immediately saving up the documents, she rushes to the mirror, lets her hair loose from the untidy knot, applies a layer of lip balm to her dry lips and observes as they gain an involuntary smile, her cheeks flushing with a natural blush which she tries to control in favour of running down to her mother, who looks at her with an unimpressed look, her hands on her hips.

Rati clears her throat, biting back a smile. "Shaurya is coming? Why?"

She is pretty sure that her mother can read the excitement in her voice and is avoiding it only for her sake, but that's ok. Atleast she's not teasing her.

"Oh, I don't know." Her mother's tone is mocking, almost smug. "Reena just told me that he had eaten her ears off asking if she wanted a lift to our house. She accepted it, I guess." There's a knowing smirk on her mother's face when she finishes while Rati's face flushes with a whole new shade of pink.

"He's just her neighbour though. I don't see the reason why he should visit us." Rati mumbles coyly, gazing at the tip of her nails, avoiding the eye contact from her mother. "Though I'm glad maasi accepted the lift. It would have been rude otherwise." She smiles sweetly.

It's at that moment that the doorbell rings and Rati internally lets out a squeal. She's just about to go and open up the door when she halts in her steps, pausing and then immediately taking a step back. Schooling her excited expressions, and replacing them with a thoughtful one, she clears her throat and turns to her mother.

"Ma... I think that you should open the door. Maasi will be happier if she sees you first."

Her mother greets her with an unimpressed look once again but proceeds to remove the apron and make her way to the door nonetheless. "Don't think I'll not tell Shaurya about how you were jumping like a rabbit after hearing his name."

Rati gapes at her mother's comment, a retort to save her dignity ready on her lips, but before she can utter any word, her mother opens up the door and in rushes her maasi; a short and stout woman, clad in a salwar suit, her hair dyed with henna and hands full of bags; most probably some gifts for her and her mother.

The woman in question shrieks when she sees her niece. "Rati, my daughter, how are you?" she squishes her cheeks together while she speaks, not giving Rati a chance to answer.

"I'om gow-" she tries speaking but ends up spewing out gibberish. Her maasi laughs, bringing her face towards her and placing a loud kiss on her cheek - with the lipstick stamp, and all that.

"Oh, you're such a sweetheart. May God bless you." She pats on her back and continues to walks to the living room, taking the seat on her couch just like she does almost every day.