Chapter Twenty-Three

Your POV

I had been off the raft for three weeks. If there was any reason for me to hate Ross, he had given it to me. Apparently, Loki had threatened to rip the skin from his bones for me. How sweet.

There was only a little bit of trauma left. Just a fear that someone would kidnap me and imprison me. I'm sure the rest of the Avengers had that problem.

I think the Avengers knew that I was having a hard time because Tony announced that we were all going to the beach for a week.

"What about the city?" I asked.

"Spiderman can still save the city, and we have Shield," Steve said. "We'll only come back if it's serious."

I smiled.

"Thanks, you guys."

We packed and made our way to the airport. We got on Tony's private jet and headed to our destination.

"So... where are we going, exactly?" I asked.

All I'd been told was that it was tropical.

"Bora Bora," Clint said. "Tony owns a few houses on stilts. We go there for vacation a lot."

"I love Bora Bora!" I said.

"You've been there before?" Bucky questioned.

I shifted in my seat.

"I – uh... I kind of maybe had to assassinate someone," I mumbled.

Everyone went silent but Bucky nodded.

"That one was with me, wasn't it?" he asked.

I nodded.

"You were such a controlling soldier. I wanted a vacation, but you wouldn't let me," I grumbled, crossing my arms.

Bucky laughed. The rest of the journey was fun. Clint was able to slip me some champagne and I pretended I was a fancy snob. Then Steve took my champagne and I threatened to fight him. He then downed my champagne in one gulp and several people had to hold me back from punching him.

Once we'd finally arrived at Bora Bora, Steve and I had made our peace. We all wheeled our suitcases to a nice little village of houses on stilts.

"So, which ones do you own?" I asked.

"All of them," Tony said nonchalantly.

My jaw dropped and the others laughed at me.

"You need to get used to the fact Tony's a billionaire," Sam joked.

I stuck my tongue out at him. We eventually split up in pairs for the little houses. Luckily for me, I was with Loki. Tony told us no 'getting in' in his house.

He wasn't the boss of us.

The first day at the beach was fun. We set up a whole bunch of umbrellas and lay down towels. This part of the beach was private, so we didn't have to worry about being disturbed. Sam, Bucky, Clint, and I ran straight for the water. The water was cool against my skin. The four of us waded in to our waists.

"Think fast," Bucky said, before splashing Sam.

Sam got a whole lot of water in his mouth and began gurgling. I began laughing and Sam splashed me.

"Oh, you're on Wilson!" I yelled.

Needless to say, a splash war broke out. I obviously won. The other Avengers waded in to meet us. I wrapped my arms around Loki when he reached us.

"Hello," I whispered.

"Hello, my love," Loki whispered back.

The rest of the day was fun. We had dinner together in a nice little restaurant with a view of the sea. We had a bonfire on the beach which almost got out of hand because Sam thought it would be a good idea to roast marshmallows with sparklers.

Loki and I walked off from the group. I grabbed his hand as we walked, and he intertwined our fingers. We walked in silence, lulled by the sound of crashing waves and the occasional cry of a seagull. Our path was lit up by the light of the full moon.

We stopped walking when the bonfire was a little speck in the distance. I turned to look at the moon over the sea. It was gorgeous, like something someone might take a photo of, or try to paint, but never be able to capture the true beauty of it.

"It's beautiful," I murmured.

"I'm looking at something much more beautiful," Loki whispered back.

I turned to see him looking at me. I blushed and shook my head.

"You are, y/n," Loki said. "You are the most beautiful creature I have ever laid my eyes on."

I smiled and blushed harder.

"You're pretty handsome, yourself," I said. "You have a really good bad boy look going on."

Loki chuckled. He moved towards me and suddenly his lips were on mine. I kissed him hungrily and somehow, we ended up on the sand. I was underneath him with my hair splayed out beneath me. Loki's lips moved from mine to my neck, kissing and sucking and biting. His hands trailed down my sides and I arched my back at the touch. His hands stilled at the waistband of my shorts.

"Do you want this?" he whispered.

I looked up into his emerald green eyes.

"I've never wanted anything more."