Chapter Forty

It was two years since Thanos's attack. During those two years, the world thrived. The Avengers met new heroes and some even started families.

Nick Fury introduced us to Carol Danvers. She was a lovely woman and extremely powerful.

We met the Guardians of the Galaxy. They were... interesting, to say the least. Groot loved me, and I loved him. He was an adorable little tree.

Pepper and Tony had a child called Morgan. She was the cutest little thing in the universe.

Steve and Bucky got married, finally. It had only taken them seventy years.

And now it was my turn.

I took deep breaths as I held onto a bouquet of pink roses. Pink meant forever, and I knew this was, too. I stood in the foyer of the palace of Asgard, waiting for the signal to walk down the aisle. Loki was waiting there for me.

My wedding dress was practically a ballgown. It had an off the shoulder neckline and threads of gold throughout it.

Natasha and Wanda stood in beautiful golden dresses. They weren't quite the same design, but I liked it. Natasha began to walk down the aisle.

"Nervous?" Wanda asked.

"No," I said. "More... excited."

Wanda smiled at me. She was given the signal to walk down the aisle. She left me and I stood in the foyer alone.

"Ready, kid?" Tony asked.

"I'm twenty-one," I said. "I'm not a kid."

Tony smiled at me.

"You'll always be a kid to me," he said.

I rolled my eyes but melted on the inside. Over the past two years, Tony had become a father figure in my life. That's why he was giving me away.

"Alright, that's the signal. Let's go," Tony said.

Tony led me down the aisle. There were gasps and whispered as I walked down, but I didn't pay attention to them. I paid attention to the god smiling at me.

I smiled right back at him. I finally reached him, and Tony left us.

"We are here to celebrate the union between Loki Odinson and Y/n Sigyndottir," Frigga said.

"There shall be one end for us both; one bond after our vows; nor shall our first love aimlessly perish. Happy am I to have won the joy of such a consort; I shall not go down basely in loneliness to the gods of Tartarus," I said.

"So, let the encircling bonds grip my throat in the midst; the final anguish shall bring with it pleasure only, since the certain hope remains of renewed love, and death shall prove to have its own delights. Each world holds joy, and in the twin regions shall the repose of our united souls win fame, our equal faithfulness in love," Loki said.

These were Norse vows and extremely swoon worthy.

"Loki Odinson, do you take y/n to be your wife?" Frigga asked.

"I do," Loki said.

"And do you, y/n Sigyndottir, take Loki to be your husband?" she asked me.

"I do," I said.

"Then I pronounce you husband and wife, prince and princess of Asgard. You may kiss the bride," Frigga said.

I placed my hands on Loki's face as he placed his on my waist. I leaned up to kiss him deeply. He dipped me over and I smiled into the kiss as the crowd cheered.

I grinned at him when he pulled away.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you more," he replied.

"Not possible," I said.

Loki just chuckled.

We mingled with our guests. Odin and Frigga came to congratulate us first. Frigga hugged me tightly and told me she was honoured to have such a wonderful woman as her daughter. I nearly cried at that. Odin told me that he was glad Loki had found someone as lovely as me. At least he was improving.

Tony and Thor came up to us next. Tony had obviously been crying. I gave him a tight hug. He hugged me back just as tight. Loki and Thor hugged, and it wasn't forced on either end. Thor gave me a hug too and Tony shook Loki's hand.

Wanda and Natasha came next. They both gave huge congratulations and hugs to us both.

After the rest of our guests congratulated us, we headed to the reception. There were tables upon tables full of food. Two chairs were at a table facing the rest of the room. Loki led me to those two chairs. He pulled mine out for me and I sat down. Loki sat down beside me, and Thor came over.

"Brother, it is tradition!" Thor chuckled when Loki growled.

Before I knew what was happening, Thor had placed his hammer in my lap.

"For fertility, right?" I asked.

Thor nodded. I grabbed the hammer and handed it to Thor. The crowed gasped. I was worthy.

"We won't be needing that," I said.

Loki cocked his head at me. His jaw dropped when he realised what I meant.

"You – you're?" he asked, point at me.

I nodded happily and a tear slipped down my cheek. Loki stood up and hugged me close. I began crying harder.

"I am still confused," Thor whispered.

"She's pregnant, you buffoon!" Loki exclaimed happily.

Thor cheered.

"I cannot wait to start a family with you," Loki murmured.

"Me too," I whispered happily.