Chapter 11

Suddenly, I found myself pushed against the desk, the edge of it cutting into my back until I was forced to sit on the desk to relieve the impact. It was a move that threw me so far off that I was speechless for a few seconds. Cage leaned down, his breath sliding down my bare neck. My heart hammered wildly, a thing that only seemed to occur around Cage. He kept me from jumping off the desk by placing his hands on either side of the surface, which was neither helpful nor preferable to the flutters in my stomach.

Leaning back, I beamed at Cage, trying to lighten the tension. I knew how mental I must have looked. First, I try to punch him. Now I'm smiling at him like he just proposed. Good job, November. If this didn't convince them that I was a psychopath and they should let me go, then I don't know what will. There were also four things I was absolutely sure of:

1) Cage had a thing for murder. He was going to eventually lose his temper with me and do something that I'd very much like to avoid. Oh God, he was standing so close-

2) His hair smelled amazing. I bet if I stuck my tongue out, I could lick his ear-

3) Heath hated me because I was too unpredictable to know so much about Cage Vickers and the Crows. As a reference of Twilight, I was Bella and Heath was Rosalie. He thought I would double cross them like Jonah had. I mean, I was planning to do that, but I was going to wait until I had escaped. Oh no, were those his hands sliding up my leg-

4) I need to go on YouTube and watch tutorials on how to do my eyebrows properly as soon as possible. Yeah, that was definitely his hands-

"You need to learn something very important, November." His voice was so close to my ear and his breath was so warm. Cage's fingers sliding up my leg were very distracting. I tried to shove him back but he was too strong to budge. "You don't have a choice around here. When I tell you to do something, you do it. You do not defy me. I'm starting to think that you want me to hurt you."

When he said this, Cage leaned down even further. Even if I wanted to move back, I couldn't. I was a useless statue, a frozen plaything for Cage. When he moved his hand off my leg, I could feel an emptiness that replaced the blazing trail of sparks on my skin. Fingers roughly clasped my chin, forcing me to look into icy green eyes. Cage was attractive, no doubt. But he was also dangerous.

So so dangerous and bad. With this knowledge, I should have been running for the hills a long time ago, before it even started. Before they even got into the car. Stupid me, stupidly standing there and stupidly letting them drive away with me still in that car. I sensed the danger before, I sensed it now. Both times I should have fought harder to leave, before I was forced too deep into this. Now, I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Or rather, stuck between a desk and Cage Vickers.

With his thumb, he pulled my bottom lip down. My heart nearly stopped with fear when Cage moved his face even closer. 

He didn't kiss me. I don't think I wanted him to, but he didn't kiss me. 

Cage Vickers was too detrimental for that. 

Instead, he bit me. Teeth crushed down on the tender flesh of my bottom lip until I was sure it was bleeding. Pain flowered through my mouth. For a second, I was stunned by the hurt. And then suddenly, I was furious. Vexed, I forced myself to shove Cage's chest until he let go.

I was too intimidated to look Cage in the eyes. Instead, I stared hard at the ground, trying to calm down my beating heart. When I found the courage to move, I touched my lower lip. My fingers came off wet and red. He had bit down hard enough to draw blood. The pain was greatest right in the middle of my mouth, but it was nothing compared to the fury running through my chest. Was there no end to his games?