Chapter 22

The expression on Cage's face was a mixture of anger and amusement. He looked like he was either going to laugh or yell at me. The box of tissues had hit Cage's chest and fallen to the ground with a flump.

        I, on the other hand, was about to cry. And it wasn't going to be a little soft sobbing, it was going to be hysterical crying with a lot of tears and runny noses. Perhaps that box of tissues I threw at Cage would be useful to have.

        Sending Cage my coldest glare, (and I mean ice  cold, like a glare created in Antarctica or something) I stalked away. He pressed his lips together and let me go by. Shoving past Micheal, I left them to continue on about Romeo and went downstairs to the living room. I had enough of Cage Vickers for one night. He was so ridiculously beautiful and infuriating.

        Since I already scoured for a phone when we first arrived, I didn't bother. I'd have to make another plea to Cage later about talking to Fern. It was two and a half days since they hijacked my car, nearing three. I was desperate to go back home. As fun as this unplanned vacation was, I had priorities and they didn't include a certain green-eyed man with a smile that could charm nearly every straight girl in the world- ugh, never mind.

        Flopping down on the leather couch, I stared at the television screen that hung over the fireplace. Micheal was watching TV when I first came in and forgot to turn it off. A soccer game flashed back and forth on the screen. Picking up the remote, I flicked through several channels, including a news network which I deliberately skipped over. 

        Finally, I settled on an episode of WWE Smackdown. Fern never understood my obsession with professional wrestling just like I didn't understand her infatuation with donuts. I mean, donuts were cool. They just weren't as cool when they take up the entire bottom shelf of your refrigerator for one month straight.

        I could hear them arguing upstairs. Cage's voice was muffled through the thick ceiling so I couldn't quite make out the words, but I was pretty willing to bet it was either about Romeo and me. I didn't understand why Cage had so much trouble letting me go. I suppose, from his point of view, any witness that witnessed what they do and what they look like firsthand was a big no no in the criminal industry. But I did promise not to tell and I planned on keeping that promise. I'd just have to convince Cage of that somehow.

        "Movie night!" Micheal suddenly shouted from behind, making me jump in surprise. He entered the living room, holding out a Finding Nemo DVD case in his hands.

        "Movie night?" I repeated as Micheal put the DVD into the player. He walked around the room, gathering all the pillows from the other couches and a couple of blankets. Micheal then proceeded to dump all of those objects over me. "What kind of criminals has a designated move night? You're the most uncriminal criminal I've ever had the joy of accidentally meeting, Micheal."

        "Movies are for everyone." Just as I managed to poke my head through the pile of pillows and blankets, Micheal threw some more at me. "Just because we kill people doesn't mean we don't watch movies. Also, Cage asked me to cheer you up."

        "I thought he wanted me to stay away from you. Anyways, I don't need cheering up!" I snapped at the mention of his name. "I am bursting with cheer. I couldn't be more cheerful. I'm the most goddamn cheerful person in this house! If I had even one more ounce of cheer, I'd die from overcheering."

        Micheal's response was giving me a look that clearly stated he thought I was a weirdo. As I tried to pull myself out of the pile of fluffiness, Micheal disappeared into the kitchen and one minute later, reappeared carrying a bowl of popcorn, a pack of soda, and a whole bunch of candy. I wasn't surprised. The kitchen was packed with junk food.