🌻 𝒔𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒍 🌻

"say less"

Caroline was interrupted reading, once again

Caroline was interrupted reading, once again. This time by the sarcastic beauty, Lucy.

"Whatcha reading?"

Caroline put her book up slightly, so Lucy could see the title. History of vampires.

"Don't you already know all about vampires? Being born one and all?" Lucy asked.

"It's a princess' duty to always keep learning." Was all Caroline responded with.

"Well that's just rubbish." Lucy snorted.

The blonde was quite shocked at the behavior and words of Lucy. "Let me guess, you're one of those princess' who is really just there to sit and look pretty as their arranged husband handles everything?"

"Excuse me?" Caroline was outraged.

"You know there are witches being held in slavery and werewolves dying at the hands of vampires every single day as you sit here and do what? Walk with books balancing on your head?"

"Witch slavery died out years ago, for your information. And not that it's any of your business- but I certainly do not balance books on my head!"

"If you really think that about witches then you need to take a closer look at your country."

"It's not my country!" Caroline stopped to compose herself. "And I'm not even queen yet."

"No not yet. But I already know you'll disappoint anyone who's not a vampire just like your mother did." Lucy retorted.

"How dare you speak of my mother that way?" She was close to storming off.

"Queen Elizabeth was an amazing queen, but only to the vampires. She couldn't care less what was happening in the other two triads. That's why so many people left to High King Klaus. Because they'd rather be protected by a mad man, than live in constant fear. I mean why do you think my father's even here in the first place. Do you have any idea how close the werewolf and vampire triads are to war?"

Caroline didn't respond. She sat there feeling slightly stupid and guilty for not knowing what was really happening in her home.

"My mother and the witch queen are the same. Everyone's in the wrong, but in a war, you won't suffer in the slightest. I only hope you do something about it instead of just sitting there."

Lucy stood up to walk away as Caroline processed her words. How dare she just come here in her own home and badmouth her mother? Who did she think she was?