🌻 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 🌻

"in the midst of chaos"

A knock at the door startled Lucy out of her slumber

A knock at the door startled Lucy out of her slumber. She untangled herself from Caroline and made her way to the cozy living room. First, stretching out her hand in a motion so her werewolf claws grew from her nails. The door bust open before Lucy could open it and Stefan was revealed.

"Oh thank god, it's just you." Lucy deep breathed.

A wolfsbane dart was shot in her leg and she grunted in pain.

"Lucy Robins, you and your brother are under arrest for the murder and kidnapping of King Robert and Princess Caroline." 

***

Lucy and Draco were taken back to the castle in chains as Caroline basically yelled at Stefan. "They didn't do anything."

"Queen Kallista is a living witness and I saw them take you." Stefan said as he looked straight ahead.

"They didn't take me, I went with them for safety." Caroline exclaimed as she tried stopping Stefan.

"It's clear they've been manipulating you. You're not thinking straight Caroline." He turned to Caroline. "Maybe you should just go plant some flowers on the garden or something."

He took them away as Caroline stood there in shock.

"Where is he taking them?" She asked.

"The dungeon. There's supposed to be a trial." Damon answered.

"What happens if they're found guilty?" Caroline asked.

Yet no one had an answer for her.

In the dungeons, Stefan threw Draco down in his cell roughly. Lucy was about to yell when Stefan did the same thing to her.

"Leave her be, you son of a bitch." Draco yelled to him.

"I don't really think you're in a position to be talking to me like that. You know with you going to the outlands and all." Stefan said cockily.

"We're not going to the outlands." Lucy said, more to herself than to the others.

If you commit a really terrible crime, you get sent to the outlands. It just a gigantic patch of desert that other supernatural criminals are in. If Lucy and Draco were to get sent there, they'd be there as wolves. Permanently. Then they'd fight to survive against heat, hunger, and real life cutthroat criminals. It's a punishment worse than death.

"We'll just see what your mother has to say about that." Stefan smiled a little before getting up and walking away.

Lucy back up against Draco's side and deep breathed. He did the same and grabbed her hands with his. "You're going to be fine, you're innocent."

"And what about you?" Lucy asked, almost angrily. "Guilty or not, if you get sent away I'm going with you."

He didn't respond. Instead squeezed her hand in fear and gratitude, wondering what was to come.

Upstairs, Caroline begged and begged to Stefan to let her down to the dungeon. "Stefan, please! They did nothing."

"Care." He grabbed her shoulders roughly. "Just let me handle this." Stefan then talked in a sweet voice and let her shoulders go, as if he hadn't just manhandled her.

She deep breathed, in almost fear, and walked back to her room.

Hours later, Draco and Lucy were dragged to the royal room, their mother on the throne, and the elders around her. The siblings sat side by side, holding pinky's under the table, and got themselves prepared.

"We're here for the case of my children, Lucinda Ophelia Robins, and Draco Finnian Robins. How do you plead?" Queen Kallista asked.

Caroline, Oliver, Elena, and Bonnie sat in the audience, watching their friends.

"Not guilty." Lucy responded.

"Do we have solid proof that the prince, Draco, killed the vampire king?" An elder asked, in a powerful voice.

"We do. I witnessed it." Kallista said, shocking her children and the audience. "He staked him, and came after me. It's a miracle I escaped."

"Mother you-" Lucy began.

"Silence, Lucinda. We'll get to you."

"Do we have proof the princess, Lucinda, kidnapped the vampire princess, and harbored the suspected murderer?" Another elder asked.

"We do. The Duke Stefan Salvatore saw them escape, my daughter leading them."

Lucy scoffed in her seat.

"Is this true?" The elder looked to Stefan.

"Yes sir it is. They're both guilty." The green eyed vampire stood.

"Stefan what the hell?" Caroline whispered to him, but he laid no mind.

"We're going to be okay, we're innocent." Lucy muttered to Draco.

They both stood in their seats as the elders got ready for their final decision.

"With witnesses, solid evidence, and no objections, we find the defendants: guilty."

Lucy fell back in her chair as Draco stood there in shock. Guilty.

"As punishment, the two of you are sentenced to the outlands, in wolf form, for life." The main elder clapped his hands and the three elders disappeared.

Lucy shared a look of fear with Caroline and the queen stood.

"You heard the elders. You have until the full moon to turn in your lunar rings, before you are banished for life."

Z