🌻 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒔𝒐 🌻

"perhaps you'd better not speak"

Oliver had spent the rest of the day trying to appeal to Draco about getting married

Oliver had spent the rest of the day trying to appeal to Draco about getting married. It had no effect. Draco would never go against his mother. He'd go against everything in the world, but not his queen.

The next day, Lucy walked to the dueling room in anger. Needing to release some pent up tension and having no access to paint, a fight would held with her stress. Oliver agreed to train with her, immediately regretting it as he got knocked on his ass for the fifth time that day.

"I said no wolf powers." He groaned from the floor.

"I didn't." She put her arms up laughing. "I'm just stronger than you."

"Yeah right." Oliver said, standing up prove a point. He swung but was caught by Lucy. She put a knee to his stomach, "point." She smirked. He was flipped over and on the ground yet again. She kneeled to his chest. "Point."

"Dammit." He groaned.

She laughed, feeling immediately better, and helped him up.

"What's going on in here?" Caroline's lovely voice filled the air.

"Kicking Oliver's ass is all." Lucy teased him.

"Actually I meant to fall down all those times. It's a new thing I'm trying out." Oliver tried playing off.

"Mmm mmm." Lucy smiled making the group laugh.

"If anyone needs me, I'll be icing my butt in the medical lounge," Oliver limped his way out of the room.

"Wimp." Lucy called after him.

"Glad to see you made friends with Ollie." Caroline said, only half meaning it. Of course she knew with their sarcastic playful personalities, they'd get along great. Caroline was just hoping they wouldn't.

"He's pretty cool." Was all she said.

Caroline smacked her lips, feeling awkward. Her people skills seriously needed some brushing up. Not that she even liked talking to Lucy now. But she felt bad that her brother was getting married when he didn't want it. Her mother's personality shone through her and she asked Lucy how she was holding up.

"Fine." Another short response.

"You don't have to lie."

"What do you want me to say?" Lucy said exasperated.

Caroline watched the girl wipe sweat from her head, she wondered how Lucy managed to still look attractive even though she was tired and sweaty. Her ruffled white shirt slightly exposed her breasts, her pants clung to her damp legs, highlighting her figure greatly. The blonde shook her head. The hell was she thinking?

"You're brothers getting married-"

"Yes a rather joyous occasion." Her venom sarcastic filled sentence pissed Caroline off royally.

"Has anyone ever told you how infuriating you are?"

"Multiple times, mostly my mother."

"You come in here, insult my mother, insult the way I act, and have the audacity to rude after I ask how you are. I mean it's like you weren't even raised in a castle- it's like you raised-"

"By wolves?" The girl smirked and lightly laughed at her own joke.

Caroline groaned in frustration and was about to leave.

Lucy grabbed her hand gently, stopping her in her tracks. "I appreciate the concern, sunshine. I just don't like talking about how I feel." Her sarcasm was replaced with brief gratitude that surprised Caroline.

"Well... how about you show it?" The blonde walked into the room and closed the door.

"I mean if you say so. Personally I'd rather shower first but this is okay too-"

"No, imbecile." She picked up a stick and threw it to Lucy who expertly caught it. "Let's fight."

Lucy chuckled before she realized Caroline was serious. "Darling I don't want to hurt you."

"Well that's sweet." Caroline swung to Lucy, knocking her stick out of her hands.

Lucy scoffed with a smile. She dodged a swing from Caroline and somersaulted to her stick. She came up behind Caroline and knocked her over, putting the stick between her feet and tripping her. "Point." Lucy stood over her with the stick to her chest.

Caroline moved the stick to the side with hers, and vampire sped to stand up. "So, why do you care that your brother has an arranged marriage?"

The two fought as if they had swords. Lucy let all her anger with her mother fall into her movements. "He's never wanted to marry like that. He's always wanted to fall in love and yet my mother controls him. As I can do nothing."

Caroline really surprised her with the way she defended herself. Perhaps she judged the blonde too quickly. As she was lost in thought, a jab to her stomach pulled her out of her head, "point."

She exhaled, amused.

"Maybe your brother will do a good job as king." Caroline said as she swung.

"I have no doubt in my mind my brother will be best kind since my father." Lucy ducked. "But he doesn't need a wife to do that."

This fight went on for a while. She surprisingly felt better. After Caroline slipped up, Lucy knocked her over, her face right above her as Caroline's hands were pinned over her head by Lucy. The two breathed heavily and were so close that she could smell the tea Caroline drank earlier.

"Point." Lucy said as she stays there.

Caroline didn't say anything. Lucy kind of realized for the first time that the girl had the smallest amounts of green in her blue eyes, making them extra beautiful. Caroline took noice of a really light mole Lucy had on her nose that you wouldn't be able to see if you weren't face to face with her. She had heard the stories of Lucy being a total play girl back home. Endless strings of boys and girls getting heartbroken over the werewolf. She closed her eyes tightly, wondering why she was even thinking that in the first place, and gestured for Lucy to get up. "Right, sorry." She stood quickly, and held out a hand for her.

As Lucy was about to say something the door was knocked on. "Care?"

"Stefan?" Caroline ran to the door and opened it. Stefan Salvatore was revealed and he smiled. "I didn't know you were back." They exchanged cheek kisses.

"Damon and I finished our tasks early. Surprise." He smiled.

Caroline laughed and hugged him. Lucy couldn't help but notice how fake the laugh was. She waited for an introduction to the bland man.

"Duke Stefan Salvatore, pleased to meet you." He held out a hand.

"Mm wish I would say the same." Lucy smiled with her usual sarcasm.

Stefan didn't seem to know how to respond as his smile stayed there awkwardly and his hand drifted in the air. Caroline was about to roll her eyes at the girl when Oliver ran in the room.

"Hey, Ollie." Caroline greeted.

"Queen Beatrice is here." He said, out of breath, as if he had ran the whole way here forgetting he was a vampire.

"Oh that's good we'll go greet her-"

"She's been attacked. Her and her daughter are in the medical wing." He managed to get out.

"What?" Stefan asked, shocked. Oliver turned to Caroline, "your father wants to see you."

Z