🌻 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 🌻

"you don't make things easy on me"

When night fell they travelled to their secret cottage, so no vampire would overhear their plan

When night fell they travelled to their secret cottage, so no vampire would overhear their plan. Bonnie sat on the floor, reading through a grimoire. Oliver sharpened his sword as Caroline went over the plan.

"I'm all for saving my boyfriend from a painful existence. But no ones ever come back from the outlands and only a special spell is aloud to call the blue horse carriages. So how exactly are we going to do this?" Oliver asked.

"I have half a plan in my mind. We ride the carriages to the outlands, and get them back." Caroline smiled.

"That's not even half a plan."

"Okay! So I don't have a plan. More like a goal."

"I have a plan." Bonnie declared after finding a specific page in a book. "I conjured this book from my mothers library. It has the spell that calls the carriage and lifts the curse off werewolf convicts. Only downside is, I won't know which ones are Draco and Lucy."

"We'll just unspell them all." Caroline said.

"All the wolves? The ones who are supposed murderers?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah." Caroline said high pitched as if it was nothing.

"We'll travel at night- make up some excuse. Call the horses, get to the outlands with protection spells, and find Lucy and Draco. Question is: what do we tell the elders and queen who sent them away in the first place?"

"Good question. I don't have an answer yet. But they're innocent. And I can't have them suffering for something they didn't do. If anything I'll call in a favor to high king Klaus for a favor. He has good detectives in his kingdom." Caroline responds.

"Fun! I miss Nik." Oliver clapped his hands.

They all gathered their coats and packed their bags full of things they'd need. Food, water, spell books, protection, etc; After asking King Christian to cover for them, the trio made their way to the front of the castle. Moving stealthy in their commoner clothes- as to blend in.

Bonnie lifted her arms to cloak them, then call the blue horses. When the skeleton like animals pulled up with a carriage behind them, Caroline made her way on it.

No one knew the way to the outlands except the horses. Vampires had their daylight rings taken away, witches were stripped of their powers, and werewolves were forced to turn permanently into wolf form. Only the elders could determine this and only the royals could execute it.

"Wish their were windows on this thing." Oliver complained as he ran his hand over the smooth inside of the carriage.

"How long do you think it'll take?" Caroline asked.

Two days had passed. Surviving on the water and food they brought. The carriage came to a hard stop and the horses made a noise- as if signaling they were supposed to get out.

When they stepped foot on the ground, Oliver and Caroline's hidden depression had deepened. A darkness came over them and a weight settled on their chests'. They didn't care for it one bit.

"The outlands." Bonnie looked around.

Dust and fog was everywhere, tents to protect the vampires and gates to keep away the wolves. Witches walked around in chains. Every other minute a body would drop. Either to pass out- or die. Caroline shuddered and turned her daylight ring around so the gem would face her palm.

"We need to fit in." Caroline said.

Oliver ruffled his hair and Bonnie tried to look more raggedy. If the queen could see them right now- she'd throw the biggest fit. That thought made Caroline smile a little as they explored the outlands.

She knew it was necessary for some people to be here. Committing terrible crimes against the kingdom was inexcusable and unforgivable. But she wondered as Lucy and Draco were here unjustly- how many others suffered the same fate?

As they traveled the dark and ragged outlands, Bonnie stood in front of the two so the cloaking spell would stick. They opened the gate that keeps out the wolves and discovered nothing around.

"Where are all the wolves?" Caroline whispered.

"I don't know." Bonnie furrowed her eyebrows and looked around.

They heard a growl from behind them and they stopped short.

"Please do not tell me one is behind us." Oliver whispered.

Bonnie turned her head around and quickly looked forward again. "Okay. I won't tell you there's one."

Oliver and Caroline turned around to see a whole pack of wolves behind them. Grunts in front of them signaled more wolves gathered around.

A wolf in front - the alpha - sniffed where the trio stood. It was like she could see the three underneath their cloak. The wolf growled at them and Bonnie deep breathed. "Here goes nothing. Literally."

She began to chant the spell she memorized from her mothers book. Bonnie closed her eyes and focused as Caroline looked to the alpha wolf. The two locked eyes, confused yet familiar. She could have sworn the animal had a resemblance to-

"Oh! It's working." Bonnie smiled widely as the wolves began to howl and twitch in pain. Their bones broke and human skin grew as they turned back.

The alpha wolf finally stood up- Lucy.

Caroline smiled when she laid eyes on Lucy's face. It'd been too long.

Bonnie muttered 'sorry guys' and turned everyone else back into wolves. Lucy stood there confused. A spell got the pack to back off and Bonnie lifted the cloak.

"Lucy, I can't even begin to describe-" Caroline started, putting a blanket around her naked figure.

"Who the hell are you?" The tall brunette asked with an intimidating look.

Caroline wasn't given the chance to react when a wolf growled loudly and attacked Oliver. "Ollie!" She screamed.

"Get it off!" He shouted as he held the rugged wolf back. As he tried to push the animal off, he yelled out in pain when he felt teeth dig into his arm.

Bonnie yelled the incantation to turn the wolves she hadn't gotten to yet into humans. They groaned and twisted as they turned. The wolf that was on top of Oliver looked to him with a weird smile.

He looked like he was going to attack again when he yelped and fell to the floor. Draco stood over the two and beat the wolf that attacked Oliver with a pipe. He striked and he striked and he striked- not stopping until there was a puddle of blood where his head should be.

"Hi, Ollie." Draco threw the pipe down and waved- speaking with a whimsical voice. Lucy still looked to the group confused- no recollection of who anyone was. Draco had glazed over eyes as if he couldn't focus on anything even as he stared straight at it.

The outlands had gotten to them. She lost her memory.

And he'd gone insane.

Z