prologue

| MAISY |

they always say enjoy your childhood...they're the most important years of your life that shape you into the person you'll become. but as a child actress growing up in the social limelight since i was 8, i didn't exactly get the chance to live out those crucial years. that's why when i was 14, after the 6th season of nashville finished airing, i convinced my parents to let us move out somewhere new to start over. i wanted to live the normal high school teen life and take a break from the spotlight for a little bit.

yeah, i wouldn't consider myself famous. even though I'd had a lead role, my tv show hadn't been overly popular (especially among the high school demographic), so joining a high school in seattle as a quiet new kid wasn't especially hard to do.

unfortunately, my managers didn't let me completely drop all aspects of my public personality. after i signed to a modeling agency in la, i was able to fly out there occasionally for some gigs, but the shoots were usually for a smaller or more local company, so i didn't have to worry about anyone back in seattle seeing my photos.

there's another thing: music. because i've been playing guitar and singing practically since i was born, i couldn't just separate that from my personality, so i've been producing and releasing a few songs here and there that have gotten a few hundred thousand streams.

see, at school i'm stella - a quiet, shy girl who sings in the school choir, aces history and flunks math. at home and on the internet, i'm maisy, a semi-relevant actress who releases music and models occasionally. you probably saw her viral videos when she was really little, but now, she's just another pretty face with a blue checkmark next to her name...no where near relevant enough to threaten her privacy and second life here in seattle.

but no one knows maisy. like literally, no one. not even my best friend, maddy, who's been my best friend and only comfort since i moved.

but i like it that way.

and let's hope it stays as is; home in seattle, a safe place of normalcy and the ability to be myself.