twenty-second ❀ irl

| MAISY |

"so what did you even do while you were there?"

we were sitting together at lunch on monday, catching up. i looked away from maddy, my mind rushing to come up with a lie. "i don't know, a lot of sitting around," i laughed easily, letting the words come out naturally and unsuspiciously. "we met a lot of really random relatives and then helped my grandma repair stuff around her house."

"sounds fun," she remarked sarcastically.

"it really was." i rolled my eyes with a laugh. i felt bad for lying to her. secretly, i was dying to tell her all about my weekend, but now wasn't the right time.

when was? i pushed that thought out of my mind.

maddy leaned forward on the table, grinning at me. "so, have you and vinnie been talking more lately?"

i blushed involuntarily. "not really."

"liar."

"okay, yeah, a little."

she rolled her eyes charismatically and giggled. "what makes you think you could keep secrets from your best friend?"

lol.

"really, it's literally nothing." i insist, "we just text every now and then but it's not like anything's gonna change. nothing really happened since i last talked to you."

maddy shook her head, not believing me. "you seem really off. surely something's going on."

"it's not that," i shrug, and then quickly correct myself. "it's not anything."

"okay..." she looked at the author, wondering what else she should say. to be honest, the author had no idea where she was going with this chapter and was kinda stuck. getting no response, maddy turned back to me. "i'm just gonna go now. let's just end the chapter here."

i laughed, glaring at the stupid author. "okay, that sounds good to me. i mean, the chapter's a little short, but what else can we talk about?"

"nothing. i got absolutely nothing."

nodding, i agree. "alright. that's it then."

✍︎ ALLY'S NOTE

hi hello you are loved and important and valuable. i hope you know that ❤️

...unlike this chapter lol #filler