thirty-first ❀ irl

| MAISY |

how did this happen? how did all my plans fall apart and my life change in an instant? how'd i manage to mess this all up this badly? why did i keep it from her all this time? i can't believe it.

but who did this?

someone with intentions clearly spent the time compiling these screenshots and photos and printed them out...but why? my mind races through who it could possibly be, but i have no idea. there's only one person at this school who knows about my photoshoot with vinnie and has access to the photos from it.

vinnie.

i begin a fast walk in the direction of his locker. why would he do this? i can't believe he'd sacrifice my privacy like that. what was his motive? i know he really wanted me to explain to maddy quickly so we could post the photos, but i never expected him to do it like this and force me into this situation.

as i glance around the hallways, i can see more of my pictures hung up - just like they used to do with vinnie. maybe he was just so tired of being the only one bullied and needed me to take some heat off of him for once. some sick joke.

"vinnie!" i call out, anger lacing my voice as i come up to him in the hallway.

he's holding a handful of the same photos i have, and looks up at me with surprise.

"mai- stella, are you okay?" he says, seeing my distraught and angry face.

"no!" i explode at him. "how could you?" i reach into his hands and pull out the pictures, ripping them to shreds and throwing them at his face. "how could you?"

vinnie's face seems to feign innocence. "how could i what? i didn't do this."

"just shut up." i snap back. "who else could it be? who else has access to our photos?"

his mouth opens and closes, but he has no answer. "i don't know, maisy."

"i can't believe you'd do this. whatever explanation you have, i don't wanna hear it. " my voice struggles as tears begin to choke up my throat. "i'm sorry i ever talked to you. i'm sorry we were ever friends. i'm sorry i ever thought you were more than a stupid tiktok boy."

the hurt registers clearly in vinnie's eyes, but he doesn't say anything. he just looks at me with an unreadable expression as i turn away and leave him standing there.

the rest of the day sucked. vinnie passed me some bs note that said i didn't do it during chemistry, but i didn't answer. did he think i'd believe him just because he said so? i wished i could believe him, but unless someone hacked into one of our phones and got the pictures off of them, he's the only one who had them. as much as it breaks my heart, there's no one else it could be.

i sat alone at lunch, and only caught a glimpse of maddy a few times during the day. kids tried talking to me, telling me how surprised they were that they'd never known i was famous, but i tried to avoid talking to them as much as i could.

there were pictures of me all over the halls, just like vinnie's old pictures used to be hung up. i tried to take down a few of them, but eventually gave up. by the end of the day, someone had done research on me and put up an article in the school newspaper that got passed all around the whole school.

"bro, you're actually so famous! i can't believe i never knew." someone waved the paper at me as i passed by.

when i tried to take refuge in the library, a freshman boy came up to me and said, "hey stella, oh wait, your name is actually maisy!" and then laughed like he'd made the funniest joke in the whole world.

someone came up to me while i was washing my hands in the freaking bathroom and began to rant, "oh my gosh, i'm the biggest fan of your sister lennon's music."

"i thought you looked familiar, i was really suspicious of you this whole time," said another girl, that i'd literally never seen before in my entire life, on the bus ride home.

even one of my teachers said something to me about how she used to watch the show i was on.

thankfully, it wasn't a terrible day...i hadn't gotten too much hate, just weird and random comments throughout the day. still, i was exhausted when i got home and had no one to talk to. maddy left my long paragraph that i sent her on read, and my sister was busy in the recording studio all night, so i couldn't text her. my parents didn't seem to know, but i wasn't too keen on telling them.

i got my homework done in record time. i had nothing else to do and nothing that i wanted to do, so i just went to bed early and cried myself to sleep, mourning the loss of my privacy and my two best friends.