♔6. TRUTHS

"To live is the rarest thing in the world

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." — Oscar Wilde

B r i e l l e W i n t e r s

ALPHA KING LEGEND'S schedule was insanely hectic today. As I cruised in the very back of the limousine with my pen and paper in hand, I began to question how this man managed to find any time for himself with days like this.

   This was my second time accompanying him on his duty trips and it was significantly better than the last due to the absence of a blonde with an...personality.

On top of that, Legend seemed more open on this trip and he talked quite a bit...way more than the first trip.

I don't know if it was because of the red wine we were all served at his meeting chancellor Tarah, whom I didn't get to see because I wasn't exactly allowed into the actual meeting but that was besides the point...

"That exact building right there is where my mother and father got married..." Legend said sitting a few inches away from me.

Every now and then his fingers would brush against mine on the seat, and I would grow paranoid looking around making sure no one was noticing.

I was Alpha King Legend's mate.

Just the thought of that in my head alone brought a strange feeling upon me.

Finding out the news yesterday, it has still not settled down to me, and I still found myself questioning the legitimacy of it.

But today, I questioned it much less...

Because whenever I would sneak a glance at the handsome man right next to me...my heart felt...admiration.

And not the kind of admiration towards a business savvy individual or in any other professional way, but in a personal and almost intimate way.

I was starting to like him.

"Can you imagine?" His deep voice rang through my ears. "Marrying someone in that beautiful building?"

I looked at him with curious eyes as he lets out a chuckle. His eyes lock with mine and I watch as the blue in them darkened tremendously.

"You're so beautiful," he whispers.

I found myself blushing a bit before looking around once again to see if his driver or guards that sat up front were staring.

"Today was a great day," I croaked out awkwardly.

Legend smirked. "Lots of great material for that feature, huh?"

I couldn't help but give him a playful smile. "Not that at all. I mean—yeah but no. I liked what I saw from you today. I always thought you were the quiet type like your father but—"