♔7. MESSENGER

"Renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king

"Renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king."― J.R.R. Tolkien

L e g e n d B l a d e

   I SAT IN the corner of my room with a book at hand, yet I was not reading. Another thing that captured my attention greatly was a somber tone of voice that echoed from my bathroom walls and into my ears.

The shower stopped and the beautiful voice stopped its tune. Out comes Brielle with a white towel wrapped tightly around her. Her brown skin glistened as wet droplets of water decorated it.

We locked eyes and her embarrassed brown ones instantly looked away.

"You have a beautiful voice..." I told her. "I can add that to the small list of things I know about you..."

She gushed before looking to her feet. "Thanks for letting me use your shower tonight.."

I nodded. "Of course. I'm gonna tell the maintenance crew that yours has been giving you issues..."

A pause.

We locked eyes again and this time she didn't look away. There was a sense of awkwardness between us. I didn't know if it was because my mate who I've known for 3 days was standing there in front of me in a towel or the kiss we shared just hours ago.

I didn't know what it was but all I knew was that Brielle had to be the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes upon.

I resisted the urge to just get up from the chair and slowly unravel the towel from her body. From finishing what we started hours ago.

"Well..." Brielle sighs, her chocolate eyes still looking into mine. "I should head back to my room but...today was nice..."

"What part?" I questioned. "The part where you insinuate that I killed my brother or the part where we kissed?"

She chuckles and her nose crinkles slightly. "The second part obviously but that's never happening again..."

I smirked shutting my book and walking over to the beautiful woman.

I walked around her before I stopped right behind her. My hands grabbed her tiny frame and I pulled her against me. She let out a breath not daring to turn back to me.

I brought my lips to her ear. "You sure about that?"

I could feel her shiver against me before she finally turns to meet my gaze.

"Positive."

She wiggled out of my arms before walking out of my room.

I couldn't help but smile. She was stubborn and I loved that about her somehow.

All I knew for sure was that was not gonna be the last time my lips grazed against hers. Whatever was happening between this reporter and me...today was just the beginning.