♔12. FLESHLY (Part I)

"The flesh is the surface of the unknown

"The flesh is the surface of the unknown." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

L e g e n d B l a d e

P.S. I know you know about the girl. She's under my care and I know you are aware of who she is to me. If you attempt anything, I will not hesitate to do what I need to do to protect her...even if that means one more death to my name.

  THE INK OF the pen decorated the the bottom of my letter with words of deterrent. This sentence was an impulsive act that permanently changed the tone of the completed letter.

   After this final sentence I would have this letter official sent out to Legion's last documented base and hope that it reached his hands as I feared what would occur if my brother was not aware of how far I would go to protect Brielle.

  A part of me wanted to mention that I finally knew of the truth in regards to Ivy but I refrained from including that in this indictment.

What would it change?

It wouldn't change the sins of the past.

And that was a conversation I would love to have with him in the flesh.

"Isaac!" I holler causing the guard to tread into my office at a timely manner. "Have this sent to the private post guard." I said.

I hand him the letter now sealed carefully in embossed paper with my personal seal stamped at the front.

"Yes, Alpha." He abides before walking out my quarters.

Tomorrow afternoon was the day of my banquet hall announcement. A banquet I was impressed the council and I were able to organize in such a short matter of time. Members of the most high in Elefthería, such as fellow Alphas of the coalition and administrative leaders like Chancellor Tarah would attend in person to receive my announcement. The rest of the country would watch it broadcasted on every news outlet and television.  

Despite today being a day of relative success, an unsettling feeling had settled within me.  I glanced at the meticulously arranged papers as the sudden uneasiness began to intensify. My supernatural senses, especially since becoming the Alpha of Alphas, have always been very strong.

What was this dark cloud that descended upon my thought, casting a shadow upon my composed demeanor? I wasn't worried about tomorrow...I had everything under control. 

Was it because it was a day before a full moon? It had been hours since most of the pack departed to our traditional celebratory gathering up near the mountains of my territory. I stayed behind because of my obligations. 

 Full moons were now more frequent and were a sign of new beginnings for werewolves maybe the Moon Goddess was preparing me for something? No...this was more than just discernment. This was a sinking form of angst that pulled at the string of my heart.