♔5. DRAGO

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." —Roald Dahl

L e g e n d B l a d e

   THERE WERE ONLY a few moments in my life where I felt like I had lost all aspects of control. My father raised me to the know the value of restraint so I always made it a custom of mine to adhere to it at all times.

Control was power.

As Brielle's confused big brown eyes looked at me as that heavy word "Mate," had flew out my mouth, I began to realize that in this particular moment, I Legend Blade, had lost control.

Our eyes entered a journey through one anothers and silence was all I could hear besides the echo of her breathing. My mind drowned out all peripheral sound and focused soley on her. My heart raced and my muscles tensed.

I had finally found her.

I had finally found my mate.

She was none other than the beautiful human girl who loved the feel of a book and pencil.

"Alpha?" One of my guards calls for me causing me to turn my head. His head peaked through the doors of Smiling Faces of Today with concerned eyes. "We are about ready for departure..."

He looks to Brielle whom was staring at the ground with wide eyes. "Just wanted to let you know, Alpha King. The flying car leaves in 5."

I watch as he bows his head before heading back inside. My attention immedietly went back to Brielle who finally had the courage to look back at me.

"With all do respect, Alpha King..." Brielle spoke apprehensively. "you must be mistaken."

My eyes widened at her words.

She didn't believe we were mates.

"You're telling me...you don't feel a pull? You don't feel anything?" I confronted her gently causing her to tense up.

"A pull? Feelings? I have one job," She mutters. "and that is writing a hell of a good feature on you."

"Brielle—"

"It's Ms. Winters..." She corrected. "Listen, in all my years of writing features on subjects, I've come across many whom fabricate stories and try to even seduce me in attempt to sway me. I hope you are not doing the same, Alpha king."

   I watched as she walks inside the building, and I felt the loving warmness in my heart begin to freeze. She couldn't be serious. She really deemed me a liar about who she was to me? She thought I was doing this for my own personal gain?