15. royal

IT WAS SUNDAY. Yeonwoo sat in her room, studying and awaiting a text from Sujin in the back of her mind. She had been that way all weekend, barely able to concentrate on her schoolwork because she was worried sick about the girl. 

When her phone rang, she eagerly grabbed for it, only to deflate in disappointment when she found it was only Suho calling her.

"Are you free now? I want to meet you. I'll text you the address of the café." He abruptly hung up, leaving Yeonwoo no chance to refuse or say anything at all.

"What an oddball." She said, scrunching up her nose.

After changing from her pyjamas into something more appropriate, she headed downstairs. Just as she was about to leave the house, her mother emerged from the kitchen and stopped her.

"Where are you headed?" She asked.

"I'm going to meet Lee Suho. Why, do you need my help with something?"

"I wanted to deliver some food to Mihyang. Do you remember, Seojun's mother? I met her this morning at the market and we had a nice little chat. She's just had a kidney transplant, which was very successful. And I could tell because she looks so healthy. But she still looked a bit tired, so I want to relieve her a bit." 

Yeonwoo's mother was the type of woman who expressed her love in the form of food. "I would do it myself, but Heiran just called me with an emergency. Apparently, Daesung has a bit of a temperature."

"Is Daesung alright?" Yeonwoo was alarmed, but her mother dismissed her with a wave of the wand.

"Kids always get ill. First time mothers will always get worried over nothing. So can you do it?"

"Of course I will. I'll just tell Suho I'll be a bit late meeting him." When she did, he left her on read. Typical.

To her shock, it was Jugyeong who opened the door to Seojun's house when she rang the doorbell.

"What are you doing here?" Yeonwoo gasped.

"I'm here to do Gowoon's makeup. What about you?" The beauty was just as surprised.

"My mother wants to deliver food. Is Mrs. Lee inside?"

"Eonni!" Gowoon pulled her inside and as she led her into the living room, she said, "My mother's out at the moment, but you're welcome to stay until she comes home. Jugyeong is teaching me how to do makeup. And you don't have to worry about Seojun—he's out."

True to her word, various makeup products were scattered upon the coffee table in the living room.

"I'd love to! I've never been good at makeup and I'd love to learn how."

"You don't have to use makeup. You're pretty enough," Jugyeong sighed, admiring how the girl managed to pull off a plain navy sweater.

"But I can only stay for a bit. After this, I'm meeting Suho." She perched on the edge of the sofa.

Jugyeong paused. "Lee Suho?"

"Like on a date?" Gowoon gasped.

"No, not a date!" Yeonwoo protested. "I think he just wants to catch up on something." 

Now, she wished she hadn't brought it up. Gowoon looked excited while Jugyeong looked ... sad? Confused? It was hard to pinpoint her exact expression. 

But before she could dig a little deeper, there was the sound of a door opening, and the three looked up, startled because they had thought no one was at home but them.

Lo and behold, Seojun appeared from his bedroom, wearing nothing but a blue bathrobe and leopard-printed boxers. Okey Dokey by Mino and Zico played faintly from his AirPods as he danced around, joining in ever so often to rap the words enthusiastically.

Yeonwoo's eyes widened as he opened the fridge and drank from a bottle of water, then poured the rest over his head. With a flick of his hair, he whirled around then froze at the sight of the three teenage girls looking back at him, just as shocked.

The blue robe was slipping off his shoulder, exposing his bare torso. Yeonwoo blushed, turning away. Jugyeong's mouth was wide open, the makeup brush still poised upon Gowoon's face.

"You were home?" Gowoon scrunched up her face in disgust. "Please put on some clothes when you're home."

Seojun looked down at his half-naked self, then looked back up from Yeonwoo to Jugyeong. "Hey," He said nonchalantly. He danced away, as cool as a cucumber. 

Unfortunately, het turned out to feel the complete opposite when the girls heard a mortified scream emerge from his bedroom.

"We didn't see anything!" Jugyeong called out. She turned to the girls nervously. "Didn't we? We didn't see anything."

"Of course not." Yeonwoo gulped. She stood up, brushing off her pants hastily. "I think I'll go now. Send your mother my boxersI mean, I mean, my love."

"Yeah, I think I'll do that." Gowoon said slowly, startled to see the girl moving so quickly. 

Yeonwoo practically ran out their house, before hopping onto her bike and speeding away to meet Suho. The image of Seojun blasted in her mind, and she shook her head repeatedly in order to erase it. 

All the way, she tried to suppress the giddy feeling in her stomach, the butterflies in her stomach that had erupted all because she just saw the second hottie of Saebom in nothing but a pair of boxers.

a/n: 7.5k???!!! danggg, I'm so flattered. And we're pretty consistent in the rankings—this book has been hovering between #1 and #2 in suho and kdrama and I have you guys to thank for that!!

anyyways, do remember to vote and comment! I'm replying to each and every one of them cos it's so fun to hear your thoughts and feelings!! hope you're enjoying this story:))

love, duchess.