Chapter twenty-one

My heart was beating incredibly fast, warning me from the lurking evil.

I looked around, trying to figure out where the hell I was. But I saw nothing, the room was consumed by the darkness.

My subconscious was screaming at me to get out of there.

I wanted to go, but my legs weren't moving as if they were glued to the floor.

Something was moving behind me, no not something but someone. The person was moving so slowly, probably enjoying seeing me in fear.

The agony settled deep into my bones.

I must run, but again my body refused to listen to my commands.

The creature was getting closer and closer, I almost felt it breathing down my neck.

There was no longer any movement behind me, however the presence remained in the room.

An overwhelming coppery scent reached my nose and caused bile to rise in my throat.

All my hair was softly pushed to over my left shoulder.

Cold lips brushed my right ear, and I whimpered as a reaction to it. I closed my eyes causing thick tears to stain my cheeks.

"How cute of you to think you could escape me," that all-too-familiar voice whispered in my ear.

His rough hand trailed over the 'N' on my right collarbone.

"Don't you remember my promise to you? You belong to me."

My tears fell on his hand that was still rubbing over his mark.

"I always loved it when you cry," he chuckled.

"I have to admit that I like this runaway game, it makes everything much more... interesting. I get to break you all over again," he added.

I didn't dare to breathe anymore.

"You're not real, you're locked away in jail," I muttered to myself with my eyes still closed.

I refused to open them and see him, even if he was still behind me.

He painfully tugged at my hair and the back of my head collided with his rock hard chest.

"Jail can't hold me back, you should know that. I will murder everyone that gets in my way and make you watch it," he snickered.

A few sobs escaped my throat.

"Just wait till I get my hands on your beloved brothers. You will look them in the eyes when they bleed to death. Guilt will eat you alive when you realize it's your fault they died."

"I have a surprise, why don't you open your eyes?" he said with a harsh tone.

I opened my eyes because I was too scared to face the consequences of my disobedience.

The room was slowly begun to light up and the stench of copper only got worse.

I blinked and saw my bleeding brothers sitting on their knees, all looking me right in the eyes.

Tears were clouding my vision.

What was happening?

A shot was fired. Within seconds Ethan laid lifeless on the floor with a bullet hole between his eyes.

My knees gave up and met the cold concrete floor.

I tried to look away, but Nick's firm hand grabbed my chin harshly and made me look at his corps.