Chapter thirty

Isaac's POV.

I ran my fingers through my hair for the thousandth time this evening. 

Sitting still seemed impossible since I learned the reason for Luna's panic attack. The restlessness Nick had caused with his little present did not go away.

The hours of isolating myself in my office had done nothing to reduce the boiling anger I was feeling. 

Nick crawls under my skin like no other. Purely because of what he had done to Luna all these years, and now that she was home safely, he was still trying to ruin her life. Worst of all, we can't take vengeance and end his pathetic life once and for all because he manages to stay under the radar for some reason.

All I want to do is skin him alive ever since I found out about his abusive behaviour. And it drives me crazy that after months of searching, I still can't do it. 

We hadn't got a clue off his location for weeks, and now he decides to come this close to us. I know he has something up his sleeve, and it scares me to death. Especially after his threat to see Luna soon.

The thought of him being near Luna stirs up my anger even more. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the ringing of my phone. 

"Yes," I said with a harsh tone. 

"Boss, we have searched through all the tapes from the past three days, and there is no sign of an intruder," Carter explained. 

"Any signs of deleted footage?" 

"No," he answered. 

"Cazzo," I hissed and ended the call. 

We have a rat, there is no other way. 

Someone put the package in Luna's room. The change of an intruder coming this far without someone noticing is small, and the footage confirmed that no one without permission had entered the estate. 

The person who was responsible for the disappearance and return of our mother's medallion is working for me. 

"Merda!" I yelled and threw my glass bourbon against the wall. 

The glass scattered into a million pieces. The need to destroy increased each passing minute. 

The person who has the guts to betray me will regret his decision when I find him, as he will have to endure the wrath of five overprotective brothers with excellent torture skills. My fingers were aching to spill blood of the rat. 

Nobody that tries to harm my family gets away with it. 

I checked the time on my watch and sighed when I saw it was already 2am. 

And again I cursed.

I had promised Luna to be back in ten minutes. The ten minutes had become six hours. 

Great, just great. 

After snarling at guards and calling a dozen people these past hours, I decided to take a break and go check on my sister even though she was asleep. Work could wait for a few hours.

The moment I left my office, I almost bumped into the twins who had just come up from the basement. 

The blood from Aiden's hands dripped onto the floor, he had some blood splatters on his face and clothes. Ethan, who was standing next to him, had no trace of the red, gooey liquid on him.

He let Aiden have all the fun, so he could get rid of all his anger and not bottle everything up like he normally does. 

"How are you?" I questioned Aiden.