Chapter twenty-five

I strolled into the classroom reluctantly. It should be forbidden to have chemistry on a Monday morning.

Jasmine was babbling next to me. I swear this girl is the bubbliest person I have ever met. She never has a bad morning let alone a bad day.

Everything has turned back to normal after yesterday's conversation with my brothers. Only two days had passed since I found out about them, but it seemed like a lifetime.

Nothing had changed between us, however they were more open about their work which lifted the secretive atmosphere in the house.

Not like I want them to involve me in their business, but it was nice to know they don't hide things for me anymore. It shows me I finally am a part of the family.

Yasmine left to her place next to Jay, and I headed toward Cora after greeting Jay.

I sank into my chair with a deep sigh.

"Bad day?" she asked with a grin.

"I don't think I can handle Mrs. Duchi on a Monday morning," I whined which made her laugh.

"How did the conversation go yesterday?"

"Better than I expected. I didn't think they would tell me everything. They proved me wrong," I said softly so no one else could listen in on our conversation.

"Good. It was normal to be afraid, the world doesn't have a very good view of us," she reassured me for the umpteenth time.

"I never really thanked you for everything you've done for me, so thank you Cora. I'm thankful to have you as my friend."

"Well after saying that you officially can't get rid of me anymore," she winked and I laughed.

Mrs. Duchi gave us an angry glare, warning us to be quiet. It only made us laugh harder.

Cora was texting the whole time and occasionally blushed when she read a message.

"Who are you texting with?" I asked her curiously.

Her blush increased, and she quickly hid her phone out of my field of view.

"Ooh I see. Cora is in love," I sang while winking.

"What? No, I don't know what you're talking about," she stuttered.

"Wow, you suck at lying. You're even worse than me. When can I meet him?"I joke.

She just waved me off and decided to change the subject.

The rest of the class we kept talking and giggling like we hadn't seen each other in years. We wanted to leave the room and go to our next class, but we were held back by Mrs. Duchi.

She put us in detention for constantly interrupting her during class, and she kept whining about the fact that we were a huge distraction to our fellow students who did want to pay attention. You know, the same nonsense every other teacher says.

'As if anyone was really listening to her' I thought while rolling my eyes.

I decided to text my brothers to let them know not to wait for me during lunch.

I headed to my next class with Jay. The others didn't take French.

"What did Mrs. Duchi want?" he innocently asked.

What a bitch.

He knew exactly why Cora and I stayed a bit after class and wanted to rub it in.

"She thought it's necessary to give us detention," I sighed.

"Have fun," he winked.

Some people were staring at me while I was going to my seat in the back. After weeks of going to this school, they were still shocked off my existence. It got on my nerves enormously.