Chapter Four

I gazed at him in complete awe, tears long forgotten at the back of my eyes.

I had my lips slightly parted, and my body was still stiff in his arms as he regarded me weirdly but in amusement. I had never seen him before, that's for sure. But I could see that he was well around my age.

"Are you okay Skates?" He spoke again, making me more nervous with just the very sound of his voice. He had a nice voice. A really nice voice.

"I-I um what?" I questioned as my mind cleared. I realised that I hadn't really noticed what he asked because I was too deep in my own awkward mess to realise what was coming from his lips. Oh God his lips.

He chuckled lightly as he helped me up to my feet again, but I almost fell again, getting me back in his arms and back in my stiffened state. Like a freaking cock.

"You really aren't good on these things aren't you?"

"Am good I " I blurted out, mentally slapping myself for my stupid words. 'Am good I? Really Paris?'

"Aren't good with words either I see" He chuckled as he began to hoist me up. 'Great. See what you did Paris? You scared him off. '

I huffed as he helped me to my feet again, this time holding onto my arm as he led me to the locker area in silence.

I momentarily glanced at him from time to time, stealing quick peeks at him. Handsome he indeed was, and he saved me from what might've been a hell of a concussion. Every time he caught me glancing, he would chuckle to himself, showcasing a hint of a dimple on his cheek. His grip on my arm was firm, but his hands felt so soft. And his height was just right. I could probably fit perfectly under his chin.

But of course, I had to go and be a freak in front of this perfect looking human being. He was even hotter than Colton, and that meant a lot coming from me. Nobody was hotter than Colton in my eyes. Nobody.

Finally, we appeared at the lockers, and I almost felt disappointed when he let go of my hand.

I stood there casually, not entirely sure why he brought me here. I gazed around oddly as I tried to keep my balance. But the weird thing was, he was just leaning against the locker, gazing at me with a stupid amused smirk on his stupidly charming face.

"Aren't you going to change back in your shoes?" He asked as his eyes darted from my feet to my face. I subconsciously glanced down, seeing the blinding pink abominations still strapped to my feet.

"Right. Um lemme just.." I attempted to remember where I had my own shoes, wobbling from time to time as I moved. I surely looked like an idiot.

Every time I moved, I tumbled over and almost fell as I made my way to the locker that I remembered putting my stuff in. It was obvious to anyone with eyes that I was struggling, and the guy, whose name I've yet to learn, only laughed ever so often at my demise. It actually became annoying after a while.

"Okay I am grateful that you saved me back there, but I fail to understand why you're just standing there and laughing at me" I snapped as I attempted to stay steady on my feet. I had to hold onto a locker in order to keep my balance.

But instead of looking serious at my outburst, he only smirked wider as he raised his hands in mock surrender. "Easy there Skates. I'm just here to bring those back" He pointed at my feet, and my eyes involuntarily followed where he pointed as if I didn't already know.

My eyebrows knitted together in confusion as I gazed from him to my feet. "Why would you-" I paused once I processed it. "Oh my gosh you work here?"

He chuckled with a shake of his head as he closed the distance between us, holding onto my arm again to steady me. I tried to avoid how fast my heart was going with him this close. I knew I wasn't used to boys, since the only boy I hung around was Colton. But my nerves shouldn't have been so all over the place right?