Chapter Eight

Turns out, I didn't chicken out.

In fact, I made it all the way to the address that Chad gave me. However, I was stuck in my car for the last twenty minutes, contemplating whether or not I should go in there.

If Fabian wanted to be alone, who am I to invade his alone time right? But still, the tiny voice in my head was focused on the fact that I wanted to ensure that he was alright--that he would be okay, and then I'll leave him alone.

Oddly, I knew a part of my persistence was because I missed him. With Colton always hanging out with Anastasia, Shanae always busy with work and my other friends...Who am I kidding? I have no other friends other than my lab partner. Fabian gave me a rush the other day that I just couldn't seem to shake, and I wanted more. I wanted more time with him.

However, apart from my former selfish reasons of wanting to see him, a big part of it is because I'm worried about him. When he left the other day, he seemed upset, and now in addition to what his brother told me, made me even more concerned. We sealed the deal of friendship right? This is what friends do. We check in on each other, even if the other wants to be alone. The point is that I made the effort.

Pulling my big girl pants on, I hopped from my car and made for the door. I didn't know why I chose to park so far away from the actual house. I was sitting behind a tree in my car like some crazy stalker. But then again, we already established that I was.

The house resembled one of a Farmhouse type of decor. In fact, it indeed was a farmhouse. It sat alone in the middle of what seemed like nowhere. We were quite a drive out of the city, that was for sure. But oddly, it didn't feel lonely, scary or even secluded. I didn't know the area, but I could already tell why Fabian liked it.

In front of the house sat a matte cruiser, and I wasn't even surprised that he was a motorcycle person. Grass surrounded the house a little over ankle length, but there was a thin trail leading up to the porch of the house.

"Whose house is this?" I questioned out loud as I made my way onto the porch. A floorboard squeaked under my weight, and I quickly hopped from it as I finally arrived at the door. There seemed to be no doorbell, so I went with the old fashion way of knocking.

I knocked a few times, but there was no answer. I knew he was here, because there was no civilization for miles, and his bike was still there. I knocked one more time, but still received no answer. Sighing, I pondered on waiting on the porch until he emerges, if he emerges, or leaving.

Maybe he heard and didn't want company? Maybe that was the reason. I convinced myself that he simply didn't want company, and with a sigh, I turned to leave.

However, just as I stepped on the squeaky floorboard again, I heard locks being unlatched. This immediately caught my attention as I whipped my head around, and a sleepy looking Fabian pulled the door open as he blinked to adjust to the sunlight.

"Paris?" He groaned, rubbing his eyes in an undoubtedly attractive way.

"Hey" I greeted as I retreated. The more he opened the door, the better look I got at him. My eyes widened when I saw that he was wearing no shirt. I gulped, feeling my hands grow sweaty as I tried to contain eye contact. But to make it worse, he yawned with a stretch, flexing his muscles and tempting me to look.

Just one peek.

'Holy guacamole!', my friend in my brain screamed, and I had to agree. Quickly, I darted my eyes back to his face as I formed my lips into what I hoped looked like anything but a nervous smile.

"What are you doing here?" He finally asked after torturing me with his sexiness. He leant against the doorframe with still a very sleepy look on his face.