「 Chapter 3 」

"Maddie? Wake up, we're here," Nathan whispered, trying to shake her awake. He grabbed their belongings in the trunk, before going back to wake her up again. "Jeez, you're such a deep sleeper," He mumbled, looking at her peaceful sleeping face.

"I'll carry her inside." Alpha Blade stepped out of the driver's seat and walked over to her, effortlessly picking her up bridal style. For a second, he froze as he felt the sparks flowing from touching his mate for the first time, but managed to conceal his shock.

Nathan was startled by his action, but kept quiet. They closed the car door and walked into his new house.

Similarly to his old Pack, members of the Mystic Moon Pack preferred to live in separate houses scattered all across the territory, instead of in one big house like most werewolf packs do. Alpha Blade really appreciated this; he had always been very closed off and secretive. Sharing a house with an entire Pack would've been a nightmare for him.

While Nathan unpacked their stuff, the Alpha walked upstairs to place Madeline in her new bed. Once she was tucked in, he brushed her hair away from her face to admire her. For the past week, he couldn't get his mind off this girl. Her angelic beauty, her sweet vanilla scent, her bubbly personality... He never thought he'd be the type to obsess over a girl, but everything about her completely captivated him.

"Uh, Alpha?" Nathan stood in the doorway, eyeing him suspiciously. He didn't trust any man to be alone in a bedroom with his sister, especially not with the way he was staring at her.

The Alpha quickly tried to defend himself. "Excuse me for acting strange. I've rarely ever seen any humans in my life, I'm just very interested with how you manage to live with one."

"Humans aren't that different from us. Just think of her as a werewolf who hasn't shifted yet."

"... Right. Anyway, I'll send a maid over to cook for you tonight. You may take this day to rest, but your training starts tomorrow. Be at the training grounds by 8 AM."

Nathan followed him as he walked to the door to leave the house. "Yes, Alpha. Goodbye."

——————————

Throughout the next couple days, Nathan had been very busy, leaving early in the morning and getting back home very late. Madeline would try wait for him every day, but often ended up falling asleep on the couch, and he would have to carry her to bed when he returned.

She kept herself company by talking to the maid who cooked for them every evening and did other basic chores. Her name was Edith, and although she was more or less terrified to see a human in the Pack at first, she quickly learned to love her cheerful character and kindness.

Today, Madeline wanted to surprise her brother with some cupcakes. She was very excited to be able to bake again; she waited days to get all the essential supplies. After filling her piping bag with frosting, she began to carefully frost the cupcakes. The sound of door opening brought a smile to her face; she really hoped Nathan would like her little treats.

She turned to the entrance, her smile slightly faltering when she saw Alpha Blade standing there instead of her brother. His eyes quickly ran across her body; she was wearing a light blue apron, decorated with little daisies. He usually never had thoughts like these, but she looked adorable in this outfit.

"Hello," She said unsurely. The way she so casually spoke to him amazed him. Even his closest friends would bow and regularly address him as 'Alpha' while talking to him. He certainly wasn't used to someone treating him like this, but found her friendliness quite comforting. "Nathan isn't back yet, if that's who you're looking for." Madeline turned back around to continue frosting her cupcakes.