「 Chapter 10 」

"Do I seriously have to fight a female?" The Beta asked derisively, holding up a punching bag while Matthew repeatedly hit it. The two stood at the fighting grounds, waiting for the Beta female. Since she was taking rather long to show up, they took this time to do some physical training.

"She won't leave me alone until I let you fight her. I doubt she's strong enough to hurt you, just hold her down or something," Matthew replied, his attention focused on the punching bag.

A feminine voice echoed through the room. "I am strong enough to hurt him. Don't go easy on me."

The two males turned their heads towards the entrance to look at her.

"Finally, you're here. I don't have much time, so start whenever you're ready," Matthew spoke in an uninterested tone. He glanced back at his Beta, only to see him gawking at the woman with wide eyes and a gaping mouth.

"Mate."

The Alpha stared back and forth between the two, unsure of what to say. This woman was his mate? The woman who hated his guts and wanted to fight him for his position?

"... Well then, I'll let you two sort it by yourselves. I'll be in my office if you want to tell me your decision," He announced, leaving the two alone in the training room.

——————————

The Beta female knocked on his office door. "Alpha? May I come in?"

"You may." Matthew was doing his paperwork at the desk. The calming sound of rain pattering against the window resonated throughout the room. She quietly walked inside, closing the door behind her. "So, did you fight him?"

"He did not want to fight me. But, since we're mates, we decided to split the job and both work as your Beta."

"I only need one Beta," He stated, not bothering to look up at her.

"Well, that's too bad. Anyway, why do I smell a human in this house?" She inquired, sniffing the air.

"That's none of your concern."

"Her scent is all over you as well." The Beta female walked closer to the Alpha to further inspect the smell. "Do you sleep with her?"

Matthew pressed his lips together, visibly annoyed. "I said it's none of your concern."

"Of course it is, I'm your Beta now, I should know everything about you. "

"There is nothing to know about me."

"Really? I think there's a lot to know about you. For starters, I'd like to know what species you are."

He felt his heart stop for a second. His eyes slowly slanted towards the mirthful curve of her lips, then to her narrowed eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, come on. There's no way a werewolf can be this strong. You beat my Alpha in a fight without any injuries. He scratched you badly on your chest, and you healed almost instantly." She walked over and swiftly grabbed his shirt, pulling it up to reveal his bare torso. Her other hand ran over his chest. "See? Not a single scar. A werewolf can not heal like that. So, what are you?"

Matthew blinked at her, staggered. Was his secret this obvious to everyone else?

Before he could answer, he heard the door opening, and the sweet scent of his mate wafted through the air.

"Matthew, can I please-" Madeline stopped in her tracks when she saw another woman in his office, pulling up his shirt and stroking his bare skin. Her heart dropped to her stomach.