twenty eight

the day of the first slug's club dinner arrived and so did aurelia's excitement to dress up in a simple though effective outfit

she pulled on a plain, light blue, long sleeved shirt and a black jacket over it. she paired it with a tight, black trouser and slipped in her shoes. after she was done applying a little bit of cold cream, she smiled and ran downstairs.

"nice outfit!" susan yelled after her, chuckling lightly at the girl's excitement.

"thank you." aurelia yelled back over her shoulder, ascending downstairs as quickly as possible.

"hey aurelia!" she heard zach's voice and came to a halt to find him sitting on one of the couches with his other friends who were smirking at him.

"you look great." zacharias smirked causing aurelia to turn a deep shade of red due to the embarrassment. she muttered a quick thank you and strolled out of the common room.

she surely liked the hufflepuff's presence and how sweet he was but something didn't feel right. she felt nothing special. she was confused.

on the way to slughorn's office, aurelia spotted a familiar slytherin standing near the black lake in the freezing cold.

"theodore?" aurelia yelled, running towards the black lake.

as soon as theodore heard the familiar voice, he turned around and hid the photograph he was looking at, behind his back. he just hoped that aurelia didn't notice but it was too late as she had already reached for whatever he was hiding behind his back.

"what are you hiding? let me see." aurelia frowned, turning him around and snatched the photograph out of his grasp.

"aurelia! give it back!" theodore protested but in vain as aurelia had already seen the photograph and was smiling sadly.

"your mum." she spoke up, glancing at theodore who rolled his eyes,"you were missing her?"

"yeah cause it's her birthday and she isn't here with me!" theodore seethed, venom dripping from his voice.

"what's wrong with you?" aurelia frowned, completely done with theodore's recent tantrums of ignoring her.

"nothing."

"you are an idiot!" aurelia glared,"at first you ignore me for days and when I ask what's wrong you say nothing?"

"yes, nothing." theodore repeated,"n-o-t-h-i-n-g, nothing. tell me if I need to repeat it again."

"it hurts when you ignore me." aurelia whined like a kid causing theodore to scoff in response.

"stop doing that." theodore scolded but aurelia wasn't the one to give up. she got ahold of his arm and give him a nice shook but in vain due to the cold glares he was throwing towards her.