Working Late

Sarah runs her hand through her long brown hair, sighing.
    "Way to go, Sarah," she says to herself, "you forgot the most important part of this class. The novel."
    She grabs her lesson plan binder and holds it under her arm, making her way to the library. She stops when she hears something fall behind her. She turns around, seeing nothing. Shrugging, Sarah continues down the hall, but stops again at a low growl.
    "H-hello?"
    A man with a face that seemed to be scrunched up, and sharp teeth lunges at her. Sarah screams, running down the hall. Banging on as many doors as she can.
    "Of course it's me, why wouldn't it be me? It's always me," she groans, continuing down the hallway.
    She knocks over a shelf, slowing the Vampire down. She lets out another scream when the Vampire jumps at her. She sees the Library doors, so close.
    "Help!" She screams as the Vampire pulls her back by her hair.
    Suddenly her vision goes black. Sarah wakes up in the library, laying on a table, with an ice pack pressed against her forehead. She groans, sitting up.
    "What happened?" She asks, not knowing who was there.
    "Well, you were attacked."
    "By a Vampire."
    "By a what now?"
    "A Vampire. Scrunchy face, pointy teeth, you know, Vamp stuff."
    "How do you know about..."
    "Not important. Do you have Romeo and Juliet?"
    "You were just unconscious, I thought you would be a little bit more disoriented than that."
     "Not the first time, won't be the last. Are you going to answer my question?"
    "Are you new here?"
    Sarah sighs, "I'm Sarah, Sarah Welsh. I'm the new English teacher since your last one, uh, was killed."
    "Right, well um, I'm-"
    "Rupert Giles, I'm aware."
    "Where are you getting all of this information?"
    "Because I know everything about you, some people say I'm obsessed, but I would just say I'm curious."
    "What?" He says, clearly alarmed.
    "I'm kidding, I know you're a watcher."
    "How?"
    "Watchers council."
    "That explains nothing."
    "If you get me Romeo and Juliet I'll tell you."
    Giles let out an annoyed breath before grabbing a book off of the front desk and passing it to her, "Explain."
    "No," she smiles, "Thanks for the book though."
    Sarah walks out, leaving Giles confused.
    "By the way," she says, popping her head back in, "you really shouldn't be here alone. It's not safe."
    "I-Me?" He says chasing after her. "Why me?"
    "Because, you've been knocked out almost as much as me."
    "And yet I saved you."
    "I promise, it will never happen again," she says sarcastically.
    "Who are you?" He asks, grabbing her by the shoulders.
    "Nobody," she smirks, "Ripper."
    "How did you-" Srah laughs, leaving the building.

**

    "She knew everything about you?" Willow says, sitting down with her lunch.
    "Is it officially time to wig out?" Xander asks.
    "Not yet, there has to be a logical explanation."
    "Yes, she's obviously someone important, else how would she have known so much," Gile says, pacing back and forth.
    "I don't know, Miss Welsh seems pretty ordinary, except for that nasty bump of her head this morning," Xander says, sitting next to Willow.
    "Yes, that would be the work of a Vampire."
    "Well, there is always the possibility that she's related to someone on the watcher's council," Buffy says, taking a bite out of Willow's sandwich.
   "But how would she know so much about me?"
    "Maybe she's after the slayer," Cordelia suggests.
    "Perhaps."
    "I'll keep an eye on her and see if she knows anything," Buffy says.
    "No, she's too clever. She would catch on. Especially if she knows who you are."
    "If who knows what?" Sarah asks, showing up behind Giles.
    Giles jumps, "bloody hell, when did you get there?"
    "Just now, I forgot to check out the book yesterday. I kind of have a thing about order," she laughs.
    "I see, yes, well um, I'll just get on that then."
    Giles walks over to the desk, scanning the book and typing something into the computer.
    "So, Miss Welsh, what do you-" Buffy starts.
    "Buffy, you're the slayer."
    Buffy grabs her arm, attempting to flip her over, but ends up on her back. Giles rushes to Buffy's aid.
    "Who are you?" Cordelia exclaims.
    "You skipped class this morning Miss Chase. My classroom, tomorrow at lunch."
    "Hey, stop," Willow says as Miss Welsh moves towards the door with Romeo and Juliet in hand. "Welsh, that sounds familiar."
    "It should. You being who you are, I assumed you would all know right away. This is more fun."
    "Buffy, are you alright?" Giles asks, letting Sarah leaves.
    "Yeah, just...wigged."
    "Welsh," Willow mutters under her breath.
    "What are you thinking Will?" Xander asks.
    "Where have I heard that name before?"
    "It's quite common, I wouldn't be surprised if you recognized it," Giles says, helping Buffy to her feet.
    "No, I read it. I was in the library. Over there," she points to a chair on the second level. "A book on slayers. You know, past slayers, what killed them. But...there can't be a connection there, right?"
    "I suppose there could be."
    Willow goes up to the second floor, finding the book almost immediately. "Ah, here it is. Melanie Welsh. She was...oh God."
    "What? What was she?" Buffy asks.
   "She was one of the last slayers before Buffy. She was killed by a uh, a Vampire. The Vampire...tore her apart in front of her nine-year-old daughter, Sarah. Sarah, she um, she hid in the vent and had to watch her mother, father and," Willow swallows hard. "Siblings, get murdered."
    "So how does she know so much about Giles?" Xander asks, looking over Willow's shoulder.
    "Her mother's watcher was supposed to come and help her, but he ran away, he moved to England with his wife and teenage son."
    "What a coward, who was the creep?" Buffy asks, sitting on the desk.
    "Vi-Vincent Giles."