Home

3 months later

Giles walks into his house, putting down his things. He walks into the living room, about to sit down when he sees Sarah sleeping on the couch. His heart swells, seeing her wearing his sweater. He crouches down, gently pushing her hair behind her ear. Sarah's eyes slowly open and she sits up, refusing to believe it's him.
"You're here," she breathes.
"Yes, I live here," he smiles as she sits up.
"You're home."
"What are you doing here? I thought you left."
"I came back the next day because I wanted to apologize but you were gone."
"You wanted to apologize? To me?"
"Yes, I shouldn't have yelled at you and left. I love you. I don't want to lose you."
"I have been miserable for the last three months. I don't think I can do that again."
"We won't, not ever," she cups his face in her hands.
"Good," he smiles, kissing her. "You're wearing my sweater."
"It's comfy."
He kisses her softly, "I missed you."
"I missed you too, you have...no idea."
"Give me an idea."
She shrugs, "it just hurt, not being with you."
"Well, we'll never have to feel that pain again."
"Promise?"
"Promise."
"I believe you."
"So," he breathes, "do you want to watch a movie?"
"And cuddle?"
"Well, that goes without saying," he smiles, sitting next to her on the couch.
"Scream?"
"Sure."

**

"So, how's team Giles doing?" Buffy asks.
"We are...we are pretty good," Giles says.
"What's with the hesitation?"
"Things are tense. I know she wants a child and marriage and I want to give that to her, but I can't shake this feeling that something is wrong."
"Giles I'm going to give you some advice, you know, from a woman. Propose."
"What?"
"She's probably just wondering if you're pissed at her and if you want to marry her. Propose. The worst that could happen is that she could say no. At least then you'll know."
Giles runs a hand through his hair, "I would like that, but if she said no..."
"She won't. She loves you."

**

Giles fidgets with the ring box in his pocket, watching Sarah baking in the kitchen.
"How's Buffy?" Sarah asks.
"She's alright."
"Any great evil we need to defeat?"
"No."
"Any news?"
"Um, no."
"Are you going to tell me why you're being weird?"
"Weird? Me? I'm not being weird."
"Well, if you want a brownie you should tell me what's bothering you," she smiles, wiping flour on her apron.
"Nothing is bothering me. I'm just happy to be here with you."
"Well, you only ever put your hands in your pockets when you're anxious, so how about I get you a cup of tea and we can talk about it."
Giles shakes his head, "this isn't something I can talk about with you."
"Why not?" Sarah asks, looking hurt.
"It's hard to explain."
"Try."
"I would rather just show you."
"Okay."
Giles holds the ring box in his fist, "close your eyes."
She does and he gets down on one knee opening the box.
"Open," Sarah opens her eyes and gasps. "Will you marry me?"
"Yes," she squeals, tackling him to the ground and kissing him.