Mind Reader

Buffy matches into the library, causing Giles and Sarah to look up at her.
    "Okay, what the hell?" She says.
    "What?"
    "Well, this morning I woke up, went downstairs, said good morning to my mother. I realized she commented on my outfit so I talked back to her. Funny enough, she only thought the comment."
    Giles sits back in his seat, wiping his glasses.
    "I know it is!" Buffy exclaims.
    "I didn't say anything."
    Buffy groans, sitting at the table with her head down. Her head slowly raises, looking between Giles and Sarah.
    "Ew."
    "Ew, what?" Giles asks, nervously shifting in his seat.
     "You two had...you did, gross," Buffy cringes.
     "Hey, you weren't there," Sarah defends herself.
    "Thank God."
    "It was during a spell, calm down," Giles says, placing his glasses back on his face.
    "Okay, well feel free to jump in with an explanation..." Buffy stares at Sarah, "gross."
    "I can't help it, you brought it up."
    "Technically, you thought it, not me."
    "I didn't mean to think it."
    "Think what?" Giles asks.
    "I...can't say that out loud. I might gag," Buffy cringes.
    "Well, I think this little...thing, has to do with your encounter with that telepathy demon."
     Buffy stares at Sarah agape, not hearing what Giles is saying.
    "I have a...I need to...um, bye," Sarah says, running out of the library.
    "What was that?" Giles asks.
    "All I have to say is...woo Giles."
   Giles flushes, "oh, I see."
    "Oh God, okay, you figure out whatever is happening and I'll go pour bleach in my ears."
    "Yes, um, I'll find Sarah and...and research."
    "Hey, you don't need to tell me anything. But Giles, just so you know, I hear everything."
    Giles chuckles dryly, "funny enough, I don't think you will hear my thoughts from across the school, surrounded by teenagers."
    Buffy rolls her eyes, leaving the library with Giles close behind her. He walks over to Sarah, stumbling over his words.
    "S-Sarah, I could use you're uh, he-help with my research, if you are willing to help."
    "Yes, of course."
    "Wonderful," he smiles, walking back to the library with her.
    "So, what are we looking for?"
    "Cases of this happening before, what happened to the other people and how to get rid of it."
    "Right, okay," she pauses, "I have a question," she says, turning to him.
    Giles glances up at her, staring over a book.
    "Do you know a nice hotel in Sunnydale?"
    "Define 'nice', and why?"
    "Livable, my apartment is being tented. Something to do with roaches...or rats."
    "Well, you can always stay with me."
    "No, no. I couldn't impose like that "
    "It's no imposition, really."
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yes, I am quite sure."
    She smiles softly, "thank you."