Call me Rupert

(The chapters will have references to episodes or be based on episodes that I like, but it most likely won't be in the same order as the show.)

    "Mister Giles, Willow, everyone else." Sarah smiles, walking into the library.
    "Mi-miss Welsh, how are you doing? Feeling," Giles stumbles over his words.
    "I'm very well, how are you?"
    Giles smiles, relaxing, "the same."
    "Wow, you two are awkward," Cordelia says and Xander nudges her.
    "So, what are you researching?"
    "We're doing a ritual to bring Angel back so Buffy doesn't have to kill him," Willow says, sitting on the table.
    "You're welcome to help," Giles looks over at her.
    "I would love to."
    A few minutes of Willow casting the spell passes and Sarah feels her heart sink. She grabs Giles' wrist and he looks down at her.
    "What's wrong?" He whispers.
    "I don't know, I have a bad feeling."
    They both jump when the door is broken down and they are ambushed by a group of Vampires. Willow, Xander and Cordelia bolt up the stairs and Giles fights off a Vampire. Sarah runs from and Vampire, behind a bookshelf. She grabs a broom, breaking it in half, creating a stake and stabs him in the heart. He turns to dust and she turns, hearing Giles yell.
    "Giles, are you okay?" She calls out.
    "Look out!" He yells and Sarh turns, feeling a bookshelf land on her.
    She screams before hitting her head and blacking out. She wakes up in a hospital bed with a bandage around her head. She groans, grabbing her head and flinching at a sharp pain in her stomach.
    "How are you feeling?" Giles asks, walking into the room.
    "Ow."
    "Here, drink," he says, passing her a bottle of water.
    "What happened?"
    "We were fighting and you killed a Vampire, but Xander was pushed back into a bookshelf that fell on you and you were stabbed in the stomach with a stake."
    "Graceful," Sarah laughs softly.
    "I brought you this," he says, passing her a single rose. "I...I remembered how you said you love roses."
    "Thank you," she leans forward, gently brushing her lips against his cheek.
    "How is everyone else? Did you save Angel?"
    "Angel...is dead."
    "I'm sorry," she rests a hand on his shoulder.
    "I'm not the one who needs consoling. Buffy was gone."
    "Gone?"
    "She left town, but she came back a couple of days ago."
    "Are you okay?"
    "I'm coping."
    "You know, in the few months we've known each other a lot has happened. Maybe we should sit down sometime and..."
    "You were unconscious for a month."
    "What?"
    "You're body went into shock and you were unconscious for nearly a month."
    "Whos been teaching?"
    "Who do you think?"
    "Ah, tell Willow I appreciate it."
    "I will."
    "Can we have dinner some time and talk about um, maybe working together and the things that have happened. Maybe we can-"
    "I don't think I can do that."
    "Why not?"
    "I was in love. Jenny, she was it for me. I can't lead you on. It would be wrong and selfish."
    "Alright, then we'll be friends, I still want to talk to you about everything. Maybe just in the Library on our break."
    "Sure, I'm sorry. You really are a wonderful person, Miss-"
    "Sarah, you can call me Sarah."
    "And you can call me Rupert."