Giles

Giles knocks on the open door of the English room. He looks at his watch. 4:30 Pm. He has to meet Buffy for patrolling soon. Sarah looks up from a stack of tests she's grading and pushes up her glasses.
    "Mister Giles, how can I help you?"
    "Yes, um, you're Melanie Welsh's daughter."
    "That would be me."
    "Yes, well, um, are you, how are, um..."
    "Mister Giles, what are you trying to say?"
    "Are you alright?"
    "Right now?"
    "In general."
    "I have a headache," she shrugs.
    "That's not what I meant."
    "I know," she smiles, "you conscious can remain clean. I'm, for the most part, completely fine."
    Giles nods, "right, um, very well then."
    "Mister Giles?"
    "Yes?"
    "Do you want to sit? I can make some tea."
    Giles looks at his watch, "yes, alright."
    She smiles, getting up to boil some water. "They've been asking me to teach computer class or whatever it's called. What's up with that? Why are they so desperate?"
    "They are?"
    "Yeah, what happened to the other teacher. Did she have a baby or something?"
    "No, Jenny...Jenny died."
    "Oh my God. What happened?"
    "She was murdered by a Vampire. A vampire we trusted."
    "You knew her?"
    "Yes, we were...close."
    "When did she..."
    "Close to a year ago now."
    "And they still haven't found a comp teacher?"
    "Nobody wants to work at Sunnydale. We are on a Hellmouth."
    Sarah passes him a cup of tea, sitting across from him. "Whos been taking over?"
    "Interestingly enough, Willow."
    "Rosenburg?" 
    Giles nods, sipping his tea. "So, what were you doing before you came here?"
    "I was helping the watchers council, but it was too...painful. I couldn't do much either, so I tracked you down. I want to help."
    "I know my father was a coward, but I can assure you, I will never leave my slayer."
    "I don't doubt your love for the child, it's been obvious, I just mean that I want to um-"
    "Giles, Miss um, Miss Welsh?" Willow walks into the room.
    "Yes, Willow?"
    "I'm selling chocolate for the band. Would you guys buy some?"
    "Buffy already got thirty bars out of me, by I suppose I could buy ten more," Gile sighs, seeing Willows' disappointment.
    "I'll buy twenty," Miss Welsh smiles, grabbing her wallet.
    Willow leaves after giving them their chocolate and Giles sighs, "the things I do for them."
    Sarah giggles, taking a piece of chocolate and popping it in her mouth. "Mm, you should try the. It's really good."
    Giles grabs a chocolate bar from a box and takes a bite, "this is good," he leans back in his chair, setting his tea down on the desk.
    "So, how did you get the name Ripper?"
    Giles scoffs, "like I'd tell you."
    Sarah laughs, "whatever."
    They both take another bite of chocolate, staring at each other.

**

    Buffy opens Giles' front door, walking into his house and crossing her arms, seeing him sitting on the couch with Sarah.
    "Ahem."
    "Ah, Buffy. What is it?"
    "Oh, I don't know, I was in a graveyard with a bunch of pointy-toothed freaks and you weren't."
    "Chill out, Buff. It's not like you died."
    "Chill out? Buff?"
    "Don't rain on our parade, Buffy. Ripper and I were having fun," Sarah smiles, resting her chin on Giles' forehead."
    "You guys are totally wiged."
    "We're absolutely fine, now leave us."
    "Giles, something strange is going on."
    "Sod off!" Giles barks.
    Buffy huffs, leaving the house, slamming the door behind her. "What gives you the right?" She mutters under her breath.

**

    After hours of research Buffy, Willow, Xander and Snyder...oddly enough, find their way to the chocolate factory. Buffy stops, turning to see two familiar faces, pressed together.
    "Giles, Miss Welsh?"
    "We're busy," Giles says, waving her off.
    Buffy rolls her eyes, "Giles, we need to go."
    "Okay, leave," he says.
    "Ugh, let's just go," she says, pulling him away from Sarah.
    "Hey!" Sarah yells, chasing after them.

**

    "So, you and Miss Welsh, huh, Ripper?" Xander smirks.
    "Yeah, what's that about, Rupey?" Willow laughs.
    "It was a curse."
    "Giles is right, only his past self would make out with her past self," Buffy teases him.
    "Hey, I...that was not my fault."
    "Who's was it?"
    "Oh...shut up."
    Giles jumps, seeing Sarah standing in front of him when he turns back around. She looks awkwardly down at her feet.
    "I um, I need a tex-textbook."
    "On?"
    "It's um, it's for the computer class."
    "I see."
    "I'll get it," Willow says, jumping up.
    "I'll help her," Xander says, running after her.
    "I...I'll make sure they don't get lost," Buffy says, quickly following them.
    "So, how have you been?" Giles asks.
    "Well, I had no urges to drink or wear leather, so that's a good sign."
    "Ah, yes. I guess that would be good."
    "Wow, someone's tense. Relax, Giles, jeez," Cordelia says, walking into the library with Oz.
    "Cordelia, come here," Xander yells.
    Cordelia and Oz run over to the trio and Giles sighs, cleaning his glasses before speaking.
    "We should keep what happened...between us, right?"
    "Yes, definitely."
    "Good, well then. For god's sake, how long does it take to find a bloody book?" He yells and Willow runs towards them, passing the textbook to Sarah.
    "Thank you," Sarah smiles, quickly making her way out of the room.
    "What happened with you two?" Cordelia asks.
    "Probably something to do with handcuffs," Willow says, sitting on the desk.
    "What?" They all turn to Willow, shocked.
    "Well, Miss Welsh gave Buffy...handcuffs for the bad guy. I just assumed she doesn't usually carry handcuffs."
    "Well, you've all had your fun, now get to class," Giles says, shooing them all out of the library.