Chapter~9

~🌙~

M Y  E Y E S  S N A P wide in shock and fear but mostly the first one. There's no way that has just come down and landed two feet away from me. Am I lucky or cursed?

I look to see my family behind me all cowering in fear with the males protecting my mother and sister.

Everyone is looking over at me, eyes flicking back and forth from the chandelier to my gobsmacked face.

I look ahead to Vincent and his family who are being shielded by the warriors. I look back at the dead light fixture, trying to see if anyone was hurt.

The guards protecting the alpha family run from the stairs to the light. Scoping for a body or injured wolf.

Vincent's face went pale white, probably because I was almost crushed to death. He makes his way over towards me, or so I thought.

I get ready to jump into his arms, not caring that the pack would be staring and questioning. I just wanted to feel safe and I only get that with him.

However my so called mate rushes over to my family, which causes me confusion. Why does he care about my family, they weren't the ones who nearly got taken out by a fucking lamp!

My body swiftly turns to everyone behind me, where I see Vincent walk up to my sister. They both stare at each other for a moment, until she jumps on him and hugs him.

"No fucking way" I mumble to myself while staring with wide eyes.

The alpha and Luna make haste towards us all, the Luna coming over to me first.

"Are you okay cariño" she asks while looking over my form for any sort of damage. I nod my head and gulp hard.

"My son has found his mate!" The alpha shouts almost in a cheery way. The whole pack roar in delight, forgetting what just happened a minute ago.

Once again the spotlight is on my sister and her new 'mate'. They both share a small kiss which makes the pack stare in aw.

My father shakes hands with the alpha and they smile at the happy event that has just taken place. I couldn't believe I was watching my mate get with my sister. It was disgusting.

The Luna gives me a curious look as I stare at Vincent, my eyes slightly tear up but I don't let anything fall.

"Oh my god Hadley are you alright" I hear Maya question as she rushes over to me with her mother Sarah.

"Um yeah I'm alright" I say slowly, not taking my eyes off of my family.

The grins that are full of admiration at the happy couple was enough to make me gag to which Maya notices.

She grabs my arm roughly pulling me away from the scene which was causing me distress. We head toward a little balcony away from the ball room.

We pass the golden, marble hallway and walk out to the balcony which was grey stone with vines and leaves wrapped around it.

It was beautiful in the moonlight however I didn't feel like studying it, I just wanted to hurl.

"Oh god oh god oh god" I repeat with tears now streaming down my face and violent sobs forcing their way out of my throat.

"Hadley babe, calm down!" I hear Maya's voice sound through my ears, but it's not powerful enough to stop the voices shouting at my in my head.

Worthless

Unfit to be a Luna

He doesn't want you

It was all a lie

No one loves you

A mixture of Vincent's voice,Hayley's and even my mothers are all I can hear. They're all saying negative things, over and over, and over.

I couldn't stop it.

It just kept going on and on. I scream as loud as can be and brace my head at my knees. I hit my head countless times off the bone, trying to knock the voices right out of me.

I just want it to stop.

Pathetic

He could never love you, no one can!

"Unworthy, pathetic" I repeat like it is in my head.

"Hadley?" Maya calls to me, bending down right in front of me. She grabs my face and makes me concentrate on her green orbs.

It relaxes me in a way, it was soothing because it reminded me of being out in the woods. Walking alone on a cool night, just me myself and I.

The tall spruce trees covered in dark green plant, which glowed with the moons rays. Sometimes I've pictured myself running through the woods with my wolf.

I've always seen her as a midnight black colour, or a deep navy blue. She's small but powerful, if only she would come through.

I don't know why I was born the way I was? Maybe I am cursed. Not having a wolf has made me adapt more to the human way of life. Wolves hunt and kill, I can do those things but not as good as the others.

I can't go for runs to relax myself or even fight against other wolves when there's rogues. I do like being normal, but sometimes I wished I had the option to shift.

Maybe then my family would accept me, and Vincent wouldn't see me as weak and fragile. No wonder he's picked Hayley over me.

"Maya?" Sarah, her mother questions as she comes over towards us. She bends down and rubs my back in a soothing motion.

"Vincent was my mate..." I trail off. My voice gets slower, quieter as the words leave my mouth. Was.

"Well then why does the alpha assume your sister is his mate?" Sarah asks.

I shake my head "I'm not sure, I-is it possible–"

I take a pause to think about what I was about to ask, I'm not even sure if I wanted to know.

"Is it possible for twins to have the same mate?"

Sarah takes a moment to think about my question, her brows wiggling, eyes blinking rapidly. "To be honest honey, it's nothing I've ever come across working as a healer across other packs. Heck I've never even heard of it at all, I suppose however it doesn't mean it can't happen it must just be very very rare"

I blow out a sigh and look towards the moon "I can't believe this is happening, there's no chance in hell I'd share Vincent with her and she wouldn't even let that happen anyways"

"Surely there must be some mistake" Maya slightly chuckles in a nervous way.

"Oh my god, I slept with him, I completed the mate bond with him–"

I'm cut off by Maya with her shock and excitement to my confession "WHAT? You slept with him and never told mwah! Rude!" She fake pouts.

"I never said anything because I assumed we would be announcing our bond to the pack tonight" I slightly laugh.

This whole situation is laughable, you couldn't write this in a novel it's just too bizarre.

"If he's your mate why did he ignore the fact that you almost got splatted across the dance floor? what an asshole"

Maya's mother gives her a slight look for her use of language towards the future alpha. "What mother it's true!"

"Your family haven't even come to check if your okay, that's not right" Sarah says.

She gives me a sympathetic look and begins to pull me up to my feet. "They don't care, you know that Sarah. You and Maya are more like family to me"

Sarah pulls me in for a hug, it felt nice. Like a proper mother daughter embrace. It gave me a sense of comfort, but it wasn't enough to stop the tightness that spread through my chest.

How could this be happening? Wasn't I cursed enough in life? Now this is happening, I loose my mate to my sister. Life could not get any worse!

~🌙~