Chapter~17

~🌙~

T H E  P L A C E  W A S dead, so quiet you could actually hear the silence. Aren't stores suppose to be busy? I was praying to myself that she was open so I could get a chance to speak to her.

I felt the need to sus her out, find out who she really was. I know that there's something special about her, I'm just clueless as to what that could be.

Suddenly I felt something behind me, like a presence. Eyes were on me. I've always been good at sensing someone staring at me, or getting ready to 'sneak attack' me.

I whip my head around to see the tall stunning blonde with her ruby red lips pointed upward.

"May I assist you with anything petite dame?" She asks with her fabulous french accent. I would love to be able to speak french. Maybe I'll head to Paris someday.

"Actually I was hoping I could assist you" I tell her with a cheeky smile.

Celesté slightly turns her head in confusion, like a puppy who doesn't understand. She holds her arm out and points towards the seating area in the dressing room at the back of the store.

She guides me to the area and sits on the soft velvet chair diagonal to me. Her legs are crossed and her posture is perfect, she also has her hands clasped pleasantly in her lap.

"So?" She smiles and cocks her head slightly.

"Okay so here's the deal..." I pause and swallow before continuing.
"I'm gonna be real honest here which is a lot for me to do since I don't usually discuss my problems, especially with strangers, but I'm in desperate need of help"

Celestè nods her head and ushers me to continue, her body language is cool and calm. She shows no sign of concern on her face, possibly to keep myself calm and not scare me.

"Let's just say I'm in a difficult living situation. See I wanna move away from here, but I can't do that yet as I have no savings" I tell her confidently.

In this current moment I feel so weak, so powerless. I hate feeling like I have no control over the situation. It's embarrassing having to beg to someone for help.

"So I'm going to guess that what you want is a job from me?" Celestè questions me with a little smirk. The slight rise in her lips made me a little angry but I kept my cool.

"I wouldn't come here and ask if I didn't need to. I don't do this kind of thing and I'm actually embarrassed by having to ask you...but I have no where else to turn and like I said I'm living in a complicated household"

She momentarily subjects her eyes to her nails, slightly fidgeting with the shiny red polish that coats them.

"Well" she sighs.
"As you can see I don't have any other employees" her hands gesture to around the whole of the store and my eyes follow intently. I wanted her to know I was really listening.

"Why is that might I ask?" I quickly queried before celestè could continue.

She chuckles lowly "I just prefer working seule, it's more peaceful. I will admit sometimes it can be tough especially when the shops busy"

"I can understand that, I like being alone most of the time. I think no one really understands me or can relate to me so–"

"So you isolate yourself from everyone because it frustrates you when people can't appreciate your opinions or beliefs and values" Celestè finishes my sentence.

"You hit the head right on the nail!...NO wait i meant-"

Celestè giggles "I know what you mean petit"

"Okay i've really got to learn french!" i say more to myself in a determined voice.

"I can teach you"

"Really?"

"of course... So long as you admit what you are" Celestè spoke soft yet firm in her sentence.

Was she referring to what i think she was? That i come from a family of shifters, as well as a community of them? This could be the perfect opportunity to figure out what supernatural tree Celestè comes from.

I was very sure she was a wolf, but i needed her to confirm it.

"Will you also admit to who you really are?"

Celestè's vibrant blue eyes bore into mine "what makes you think i am anything more than a business woman?"

"There's just something-" i start but get quickly interrupted.

"Something about me? yeah i feel something towards you as well. Like a lien" She admits.

"Which pack do you originate from?" I straight up asked her. I had no time for pussy footing around.

"Lune argentée. It means silver moon in french" Celestè smiles proudly while reminiscing about her pack and the beauty of her native language.

"Sounds beautiful" I smile.

"It is...was" The upturned lips on Celestè's cheeks slowly drop.

Her home must have been destroyed, most likely by rogues, or a war with another pack. It couldn't of been an attack by hunters otherwise we would have heard about it. Humans are clueless to our existence. Well most of the time.

"So you are like me then? a wolf?"

"Oui"

"Favolosa" i cry.

"That is Italian, fille stupide" Celestè tuts and rolls her eyes.

"I'm well aware ragazza stupida" I copy her actions which makes her smirk.

"I think you'll be a great edition to the store" Celestè states which makes smile and nod at her.

"You won't regret it"

Celestè stands up and takes few steps towards me, I then stand, getting ready to shake her hand as a symbol of sealing the deal in terms of my employment. However she pushes my hand away and lightly wraps her soft skinned arms around my neck. I slowly return the hug.

It's weird since I usually hate hugging people but it feels natural with Celestè. Like i'm hugging Maya...or him, the betrayer. I don't even want to think about Vincent in this moment. Right now is a happy time for me and I wont let anyone ruin it, not even my obnoxious family.

~🌙~