Chapter~32

Clementine Valley

I lay awake in bed, sun streaming through the window. I felt sick. So sick to my stomach.

I didn't want to get involved in all the drama and yet here I am, waiting for Marcel to appear on my territory.

It's so wrong of me I know, but a part of me wants to save him. Vincent. I don't know what I'm feeling. I feel vengeful and angry yet I don't want him to die as much as he deserves it.

I'm not in love with him either. That's long gone. It's just a minor feeling of familiarity with him that makes me want to save him. I want him to live his life, but I don't want to see or be apart of any of it.

So long as he lives I hope the only hurt he feels is knowing he picked the wrong choice, if he will ever realise that I don't know.

I felt like punching him, I felt like killing him with my bare hands. Now however, I don't. I just want to live my life, he lives his and we keep our paths separate. That's how I truly truly deep down in the depths of my soul feel.

'Live your life Vincent, I'll live mine and I hope that I never have to see you again even when we're gone'

I let a small tear run down my cheek and a sniffle "I don't want to see you again. You hear? Don't come near me, don't let me see you. Stay hidden from my life forever. Please" my voice comes out almost as a plead.

I wipe my tear away and rise up from my laying position on the bed. I pull the sheets from me, the room is cold.

My legs swing out to the side of the bed, feet embedding themselves into my Ugg slippers.

I give out a little huff and stand up, stretching as I do so. Time to get ready and face the day.

I left Paris over a week ago. I gave Marcel the go ahead to come and meet with me to discuss this mess.

I don't bother trying to dress all proper and professional. Instead I pull on some black sports leggings and a plain black t-shirt. Pair of black converse to match.

I give my hair a quick brush and head out of my room. I text Matteo to meet me in my office in five. Before that I need to get myself some coffee.

I enter my office with my piping hot black coffee at hand in my favourite black and white Aztec printed mug.

I set the coffee cup on the chestnut table and take a seat in the large black leather chair.

My office door opens a crack, a head peeking through. Matteo gives an offish smile and opens the door with Alpha Marcel standing behind him.

I stand from my chair to greet the alpha. Shaking his hand "Alpha Marcel"

He smiles "Alpha Hadley"

I sit back down on my chair and gesture to the free seat ahead of me at the opposite side of the table "please sit"

He nods and sits down in the dark brown leather chair. Matteo stands at my side just a little behind me.

"What can I do you for Marcel?" I look at him expectantly which he is taken aback from.

"You called me" he said puzzled.

"After you called me a million times. You know why you're here" I tell him unbothered.

He just looks at me and I shrug "look Marcel we're friends or I like to think we are friends yeah?"

"Yes"

"You've asked to meet with me beforehand to discuss some upcoming war with some amateur angry adolescent wolf, now I'm responding to the request. I want to hear about your game plan, strategy, what you really need me for. And I'm willing to offer my services if I see fit to. So go!" I use hand gestures.