Chapter~30

~🌙~

I HEAR A light knock on my door. It was definitely done by someone with a delicate touch.

"Come in Celestè" I shout and she giggles when entering.

"Nothing gets past you does it?" She points her finger at me with a mischievous smile.

I chuckle "No"

She moves over to the bed eyes roaming over my suitcase before setting herself down and crossing her right leg over her left.

"So..." she begins "How have you been?"

"Fine"

"Hmm. How do you really feel chérie?" She interrogates.

I huff "really Celestè I've been okay. As okay as I can be. I just have a lot of work stress is all"

I rub my forehead with my fingers and pace around the room. Celestè eyes stalk my every move.

"Killing persons can take a toll on you I suppose" she smirks.

"It's not that, I'm use to that" I truthfully tell her.

"Then whats the problem?"

"I have a friend" I say

"Uh huh" She looks at me expectantly, waiting for me to continue.

"His name is Marcel, he's the alpha of a pack in Torrence and he has asked for my assistance in what will be in my opinion a literal population decrease"

"Population decrease? What does that mean?"

"Deaths, hundreds upon hundreds of deaths of our species, and the divines. I saw it in a dream many years ago" I explain to Celestè.

"What like a premonition? That's ludicrous. Only oracles dream the future" She talks almost gobsmacked.

"I'm not saying I'm an oracle or anything I don't believe that at all" I keep turning my direction while pacing and bring my thumb and index finger to my lips to pinch them slightly "I think maybe it's been a coincidence that I've had this dream, maybe even a warning so I keep my distance from this–"

"Knock-a-knock-a-knock" a higher pitched voice sounds from behind my door. Matteo waltzes in.

He looks from me to the bed at celestè who's face is beaming from ear to ear. Oh god.

"Hola señorita"

Celestè giggles even more "salut beautè"

"For fuck sake" I whisper and walk back over to the mirror to have one last look at my appearance.

I give myself a slight nod of approval "dinner then I presume?"

My head rolls to look at them both however they are caught up in some kind of staring contest which none of them want to give up.

Now usually I wouldn't be too bothered or interfere in the power of love. However, both of them have mates out there, or at least one of them does and I just know it's not going to work and it's gonna be fucked up.

I'm cringing just thinking about it.

"Okay let's go, dinner" I walk out of the room and pull Matteo by the ear with me.

"Ow ow ow"

The dinner table was huge in celestè's home. It consisted of a large white oak rectangular shaped table with a lovely white and silver table cloth that runs down the middle of it, cutlery and candles placed around each and every plate or bowl and a big centred chandelier that was immensely bright.