Chapter~16

T H E  N E X T  F E W weeks were rough to say the least. Everybody hates me, my own mate, my alpha, my family. I'd come to accept my families hatred but the fact that everyone now despises me was tough to swallow.

I'd never felt so alone and I've been on my own basically my whole life. I was also confused with Vincent's actions.

He marked me, then told me it was all a mistake. I was a mistake to him. Fuck I never wanted to get out of a place so much in my life.

I began to plan my runaway or as I like to put it, escape from this noxious environment. It felt great to come close to my freedom finally.

Vincent and Hayley can mate and rule the pack I didn't care, as long as I wasn't there when it was happening.

The month of November was creeping upon the world fast. Christmas would be arriving soon and i'd hoped to leave the pack before then. Christmas wasn't exciting for me, I never had the spirit for it.

I'm just a miserable person with little to no pleasures in life, Christmas did not change that. I guess you could say I lost the merry jolly spirit of X-mas when I watched my siblings open more things than I ever got. Clothing was mostly what I got, all homemade itchy sweaters or cheap store bought socks and underwear.

Meanwhile my brothers and sister got everything they wished for like toys, lots of toys. I never received a toy. Sometimes I felt as though my mother was somewhat guilty for what I received.

We didn't have the human tradition of Santa clause so I never wondered if I was a bad girl in Santa's eyes but I did wonder what I had done wrong to my parents. Who singles out one child from the rest? It's just despicable parenting!

I know that Vincent and Hayley's mating ceremony will commence just before Christmas, so preparations for their day was in full swing in the pack.

My sister called everyone down to the living room, even myself because she had something to discuss with our family.

I went down last to the living room and stood next to the fireplace, the heat hitting the back of my calves made the hairs on my legs stand up with delight.

Hayley gives me a dirty look which wasn't anything new, she was always pulling faces at me. She claps her hands excitedly and she and Vincent link arms.

I looked at their conjoined arms and felt my cheeks rise with a grin. I didn't feel a thing, no pain, no sorrow, it was non existent.

I had no wolf so his connection with me is stronger than I him because his wolf is attached to me, but I don't have a wolf that's attached to him.

This was finally it, the beginning and the end. The beginning of my new adventure and the end of my old one with my so called mate.

All I can say is he picked the wrong twin, I've come to realise my self worth and it's a lot more than Hayley's I'll tell you that.

"So we had something we wanted to tell everyone..." Hayley says giddily and looks at Vincent.

He gives a small smile to her, love flashing in his eyes.

Uh oh

"WE'RE PREGNANT!" Hayley shouts excitedly and jumps up and down.

Everyone's eyes widen, even my own. I was taken by surprise that's for sure. But once again, I felt no pain, no jealousy. I guess I really was just done with the whole equation.

"Oh my goodness honey! That's amazing" my mother hugs Hayley and Vincent tightly. My father throws a congratulations their way and my brothers give them both a hug.

Hayley turns to me "what do you think about that Hadley?" She asks.

How do I feel about it? I feel bad for the kid, it's gonna have one hell of a life with Hayley as it's mother.

I couldn't say that though could I? I had to filter myself just this once and do the right thing.

I approach them both and shake Hayley's hand, then Vincent's after. He became slightly aroused, at our contact but I didn't conjure up any sort of emotion.

I gave a congratulations to the ecstatic couple then left the living room and slowly ascended back to my room.

A niece or nephew! It would be a happy occasion if I actually liked my sister and planned on staying around.

I had become a hard bastard, I couldn't even get excited about a new family member. Maybe it's because it's my mates baby, I wasn't sure.

I know I should be more bothered, livid, sad, depressed and wanting to die. I think I'd just become so tired in my soul that I can't make myself feel anything.

I was about to call Maya but I stopped myself, as I just wanted to be alone instead. The thing that was keeping me here was money. I had no money.

I saved up for years and bought myself a laptop, I doubt it would be worth much now but maybe I could get a few hundred dollars from selling it. That would be a start.

I was thinking about taking on a job in the dress shop I was in when me and bitchface picked out our ball dresses.

The owner Celestè seemed nice enough, and dare I say a little mysterious. I think she knows about our kind, maybe she is one. I felt linked to her in some way when I was in her shop that day. Something pulling us together. Not like a mate bond, maybe it was fate trying to bring us together for some apparent reason.

I thought about the subject for the rest of the night, not Hayley and Vincent and their soon to be pup, but the weird connection I felt with Celestè. She definitely has some supernatural aura around her, I refuse to believe she's all human.

I had decided to pay her a visit the next day, I just hoped she was working today or else it will be a wasted trip. In saying that, her shop always seems to be open even on a Sunday which everyone knows is a lazy day.

I exit the house relatively early to avoid the people I unfortunately need to live with. I had thought about texting Maya and asking her to join my quest, however, I realised I need to learn to do things without her because leaving the pack also means leaving Maya behind. I would have to get use to not having her with me.

I did worry about leaving Maya here. We've been through so much together which makes it all the more hard, but the thing I worry most about is not receiving her forgiveness after I depart.

My walk to the dress shop was faster than usual as I was eager to get there and interrogate Celestè on her knowledge of werewolves, while begging for a job as well.  No matter how draining my home situation was, even I wasn't stupid enough to think i'd make it out in the human world with no money. Thats the simple issue holding me back.

I entered the dress shop along with a little ding from the gold traditional door bell which signified my entry. The place was quiet. No bodies in sight. I stepped all the way in and let the door close itself behind me.

My eyes roam everywhere, the dress racks, the register and even the overly large dressing rooms at the back of the store.

"Hello?" I gently called out.

~🌙~