Chapter 15 (Dark Past)

(Y/N)'s POV

I was enjoying my chicken soup that Rosie ordered for me. And it seemed like it was the right thing to trust her. The harmony of each component the chef used tasted perfectly good.

It tasted too good that I couldn't contain my moan of how delicious this thing is! And it made the chipmunk in front of me laughed at how childish I was.

"Mmhmm, right?? It's good, right?" she asked between her laugh. I could only nod and scooped more of the soup. And the garlic bread... my god, it too tasty!

Oh gosh, how could she know my taste? It fit perfectly inside my mouth! She would be a good type of wife- No! What are you thinking head?! Don't rush things, she's not even my girlfriend!

"Say..." she spoke up after taking a gulp of her mango cola, drawing my attention toward her beautiful face once more.

"Yeah?"

"How was your life? You-you know... before Seoul? Like, any job or family you left to come here?" Rosie asked...

I quickly stopped eating, and my body felt frozen. Cause past wasn't something I was good at when telling it... bad, yes. Entirely... not exactly. But it was safe to say it in terms of the majority.

I didn't even know where to begin with, since... "Life before Seoul..." things that occured in the past, it was not good for me. It would never change, no matter how much I wanted to alter it.

"S-Sorry! This must be a sensitive subject, huh? Hahaha, forget it! Silly Rosie." She awkwardly laughed at herself as soon as she noticed the odd.

Not wanting to feel bad, I... "N-No... I'm fine with it." Well, I knew her past. About how toxic her ex-boyfriend was, about how miserable her past was...

It would be just fair to let her listen to my past... With that, I had no choice but to make things even.

Before Seoul

(Y/N)'s Story Telling POV

To be honest, I barely know my past. I try to forget most part of it. But the smallest stains are the hardest to clean, or that's how I'd say it.

And sometimes, it is not even cleanable.

I was a homeless many years ago... and about how I survived, I did what wild animals would do in the wild forest.

Compete against the others.

I met so many homeless people. They were like beasts, fighting against each other for their own survival. Be it a grown mad man, or a little innocent kid...

Those who even got a food for a single day are considered lucky. Cause ninety-nine percent of us, barely got any food for a week.

I was one of them too... actually, I could even consider myself lucky enough to be alive up until these days. And many of them didn't make it. Plus, competing wasn't my specialty. Past tense. Guess, I'm used to it now.

And when I said we compete like animals, I mean it. We sometimes have to fight just to get food. And many times, those who got the food, couldn't survive the next day.

If people consider killing as a bad thing, it's common for us who live in the street. It's like something we commonly see like 'every day'.

Those who had powers, they had their own territory. And those who didn't have, got thrown from one to the others. Just like wolves, conquering as many lands as possible.

And for those who trespassed it, would be thrown away. Or even worse, 'punished'. And those who were punished, they never returned. In other word, dead.